What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
100%
Every single Bears fan in this forum should be lining up to kiss Perth Red on the dick, just for the chance to see their club in the NRL and over half a dozen 'away' games in Sydney every year.

Instead we're getting demands that Perth home games need to be at a ~10K cricket ground and a Perth club needs to be run by Bears admin....

All they've done is shown any Bears relocation would be an absolute disaster from the beginning.
Once I see a proper Perth proposal instead of just words I’ll ask him to flip it out, how about all those people at North Sydney Oval on the weekend.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Spoke to Bears NSW Cup Captain, prop forward and South Perth Lions junior Kurt De Luis, he is stoked and gutted at the same time at the Perth Bears happening.
He has had friends and family calling him from W.A. but as he said he would probably be 35yrs when it happens.
Kurt did say there was a buzz around W.A. league circles with all the Perth Bears talk.
Bears legend Greg Florimo remains cautious about the whole thing, he said the main thing is that they are constantly talking about the Perth Bears and with what Peter V’Landys has said it would be pretty hard to go back on some of those words now.IMG_4297.jpeg

Centy Coast

Juniors
And thats who norths will need to convince that they are required. Theyll need to be impressive .
The Bears have been at it for a pretty long time, V’Landys has their back, they have the company who were successful in helping the Dolphins gain admission helping them, so they are all massive plusses.
The Bears also currently exist, yes they are a real club with real players, they have a established pathways system, and they are currently sitting 3rd in the NSW Cup and are the feeder club to the Melbourne Storm who are currently sitting 2nd in the NRL competition.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Is the Bears’ experience the type of experience you want though? A sustained inability to deliver success since the 1920s? They have only had NSW Cup to concentrate on since being left out of the NRL and they haven’t delivered a premiership at that level either.
I think the people who were in charge from the 1920’s are not with us any longer.
You just concentrate on those Eagles juniors from Blacktown and make sure training is safe for them to attend.

Centy Coast

Juniors
What makes you think the players from the NRLWA will become as game hardened and skilled as those from the NSWRL and QRL?

The standard of the junior competitions in NSW and Queensland are lightyears ahead of WA.

Remember what happened when the Reds/Pirates entered a team in the SG Ball?
Have you watched a game from NRLWA, they are all on YouTube, most recent from the weekend gone between the Rockingham Sharks (undefeated comp leaders) v the Joondalup Giants in the Fuel to Go & Play Premiership (park footy level) take a look.

Last edited:

This article was seemingly lost/forgotten to be posted in all the chat last week. Strange isn’t it.

Anyways I can confirm a meeting between W.A. Gov and Bears happened.
I cannot confirm if Cumins was involved - not sure if he was at Magic Round.
I can confirm the meeting between W.A. Gov and Bears also had PVL in the room.
I can confirm the meeting went very well and the outcome was extremely promising and positive for all 3 parties.

No, I was not in the meeting but Billy Moore was and I was hanging out with Billy Moore and another Bears board member for about 4/5 hours on Saturday. Again, a lot of what I’ve been saying lately isn’t just my own personal speculation or assumptions. But doesn’t sound like detractors here want to read it and take it in - might be time for you lot to do so though.

Theres a lot more happening that hasnt been let out or released to public yet. Nothing is official, there is no green light but the driver is in the car and the car is waiting for the lights to change…

On another note - I’ve been to Magic Rounds since 2019 and this is the one with the most Bears jerseys I have seen to date. Both stadium and Caxton St. All types of jerseys including current nsw cup ones. Yes there were Reds jerseys around too. Also 90% of the people wearing Bears jerseys would be no older than 35/40.

Great weekend overall.

Edit - posted wrong article

Attachments

• IMG_3847.jpeg
    IMG_3847.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade

This article was seemingly lost/forgotten to be posted in all the chat last week. Strange isn’t it.

Anyways I can confirm the meeting between W.A. Gov and Bears happened.
I can confirm the meeting went very well and the outcome was extremely promising and positive for all 3 parties.

No, I was not in the meeting but Billy Moore was and I was hanging out with Billy Moore and another Bears board member for about 4/5 hours on Saturday. Again, a lot of what I’ve been saying lately isn’t just my own personal speculation or assumptions. But doesn’t sound like detractors here want to read it and take it in - might be time for you lot to do so though.

Theres a lot more happening that hasnt been let out or released to public yet. Nothing is official, there is no green light but the driver is in the car and the car is waiting for the lights to change…

On another note - I’ve been to Magic Rounds since 2019 and this is the one with the most Bears jerseys I have seen to date. Both stadium and Caxton St. All types of jerseys including current nsw cup ones. Yes there were Reds jerseys around too. Also 90% of the people wearing Bears jerseys would be no older than 35/40.

Great weekend overall.

Jack the insider

MugaB

Coach

Great weekend overall.
FMD 6 games at NSO? How the f**k is that a Perth team then, they might aswell call themselves Perth Steelers

Great weekend overall.
Did the dope who wrote that article say WA is competing with bids from Wellington and Central Queensland?

I know Western Australians are very insular and out of touch with the rest of world, but that's a very serious error to make in an article on expansion. It's proof that the game has very little traction in the Western Australian media.

FMD 6 games at NSO? How the f**k is that a Perth team then, they might aswell call themselves Perth Steelers
Forget that, that is just bad reporting - it isn’t 6 games. It’s not even 2 games - it’s 1 game.

That isn’t the point of the post though - point is that WA and Bears had a joint meeting with PVL and it was positive. Article was posted as relevancy to said meeting that’s all.

Latest posts