What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

NRLMad

Juniors
The nrl has so much upside - i can’t see your point canard. Your saying that ruling in this region mean nothing? Nz alone has a population of 5m. We have 25-30m.

PNG will be a success for the simple reason that they have juniors, they have sponsors and we have govt money. I’m not sure what else would be required.

you look at the dragons - we have a junior base of Wollongong and continue to play lawrie. They will have 1000 players better than Blake lawrie. The hunger and drive is in built in their culture.
Lawrie is thinking about his next kfc meal. They are wondering whether they will eat at all

Canard

Immortal
The nrl has so much upside - i can’t see your point canard. Your saying that ruling in this region mean nothing? Nz alone has a population of 5m. We have 25-30m.

PNG will be a success for the simple reason that they have juniors, they have sponsors and we have govt money. I’m not sure what else would be required.

you look at the dragons - we have a junior base of Wollongong and continue to play lawrie. They will have 1000 players better than Blake lawrie. The hunger and drive is in built in their culture.
Lawrie is thinking about his next kfc meal. They are wondering whether they will eat at all
NZ isn't the Pacific Islands. That's a tiny disparate group of remote islands with a population and economy smaller then most regional Australian towns.

Regardless, the PI people playing RL currently weren't recruited of a beach in Vanuatu, they have moved to Australia as economic migrants.

That's going to continue, the battle to recruit this group has been won, RL is number 1 with them now and has been for decades.

Spending millions on the few thousand left at home isn't worth the effort, and it certainly isn't worth anything in respect of TV rights.

Also, why has PNG had so few juniors in the NRL to date?

Iamback

Coach
That’s the point, when they can do this and they are paying the most they will get all of the Islanders too join the NRL which leads to battle internationals and more money so doesn’t need to come from PNG directly. Every individual commitment doesn’t need to lead to profit.

International footy I see as the big winner if PNG starts

MugaB

Coach
You make Perth red look smart
Perth Red is smart, just unfortunately gullible, all honesty, and by the book is PRs way, not one Iota of skulduggery or bribes deciding the fate of his beloved pirates or WA bid, i.e funding from zero pokie dens etc

reanimate

Bench
If the Gov deal is for 10 years then what happens in the advent it's now renewed?

My guess is one of the bids that misses out will get the licence.
That might be when you get Bris 3. They might let in the bids that will require more work/lead-in time first and keep someone like Easts Tigers in their back pocket as a location/host they can parachute the licence into if PNG goes belly up.

Wb1234

Referee
GC crowds are similar (14.5k v 13.8k). How did you find GC TV ratings?

Why mention Auskick?
Why do you think I mentioned Auskick ?

Crowds are only similar if you round down by 1k on average lmao

Soccer would probably be second overall

That might be when you get Bris 3. They might let in the bids that will require more work/lead-in time first and keep someone like Easts Tigers in their back pocket as a location/host they can parachute the licence into if PNG goes belly up.
Brisbane Tigers have said from the start they're willing to wait for the 20th licence.

Centy Coast

Juniors
This was the Central Coast Bears first initial attempt for admission with John Singletons backing back in 2005 for a 2007 start, pretty sure David Gallop was in charge, think it was on the Footy Show or News then a few hours later Michael Searles Gold Coast Titans were admitted, that’s why I call it the 11th hour steal.
It was heartbreaking, anyways.