What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Pippen94

First Grade
In what ways are they winning the battle? What has changed over the past 15 years in relation to NRL v AFL. I would say both Titans and Suns have been equally disappointing on and off the paddock. Participation has grown for both codes but isn’t that just a reflection of GC changing demographics?

Titans have been a failure. Perth bid is following same path with plastic club run by nameless businessmen, who will cut & run when going gets tough..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The school yard tactic? That’s the best you can do?
What are you on about? You're obviously spoiling for an argument, I'm not interested in peasants so try your amateur hour antics with someone else.

If you don't like what I have to say put me on ignore.

lol didnt Dolphins get 14k a week or two ago? Some games draw sht, some draw great. Such is life. a 17k avg is very doable for a well run club.
Dolphins got 14k on a cold and rainy Thursday night game against Manly.

I recall a rainy Saturday NRL game in Perth that was played on front of 6,258 people in 2017.

Imagine how much worse the attendance would have been on a Thursday night?

What evidence do you have that Perth will have a "well run club"?

Canard

Immortal
I would expect they won't be admitted without being able to stand on their own. Or there is no point because the game won't grow if a team is a money pit

Hunters have 9 sponsors not including the Australian govt.

I'd assume most of them are prepared to upgrade should the team get in.

CAT forklifts for example service over here as well.

Mining companies like Santos are naming rights of the stadium. Were once Wallabies sponsors so have shown an interest in sponsorship.

Coke is over there and one of the bigger employers there. Again Mt Franklin and Powerade were once NRL sponsors

You'd assume some type of temporary stand/tents as they do for F1 and other events to improve corporate facilites at their home games.
Without Australian govt handouts, the Hunters don't exist.