What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Always green said png and the bears were no chance to return to the nrl

none !
Where did I say that?

Only a simpleton would think 'the bears are back'. The name is the only thing back and that'sfine becauseits a hundredtimes better than pirates. Red and black were always part of Perth's colour scheme so no win there fir the bears either. Its a Perth side numbnuts, the bears have been thrown a bone to shut them up.

As for PNG, 600mill down the toilet, no wonder your happy - its a fumbleball move!

Wb1234

Immortal
Where did I say that?

Only a simpleton would think 'the bears are back'. The name is the only thing back and that'sfine becauseits a hundredtimes better than pirates. Red and black were always part of Perth's colour scheme so no win there fir the bears either. Its a Perth side numbnuts, the bears have been thrown a bone to shut them up.

As for PNG, 600mill down the toilet, no wonder your happy - its a fumbleball move!

Google the term joint venture

You spent pages and pages saying the bears would never be linked with Perth

and here we are!

Always wrong

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Google the term joint venture

You spent pages and pages saying the bears would never be linked with Perth

and here we are!

Always wrong
No I didn't. I said it would be stupid. Which it would be.

But just having the bears name is bearable. At least it shuts the door on the nostalgia nuts.

Unfortunately you're a different type of nut.

Wb1234

Immortal
No I didn't. I said it would be stupid. Which it would be.

But just having the bears name is bearable. At least it shuts the door on the nostalgia nuts.

Unfortunately you're a different type of nut.
It’s a joint venture you dope!

your predictions are as accurate as Perth reds

hmmm wonder why

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Where did I say that?

It’s been reported the Perth Bears will retain North Sydney’s heritage. An effective relocation of the club. Not a new club using the Bears name and colours.

Do North Sydney Bears fans realise they're not getting a reincarnation of the North Sydney Bears?

The only time they will be able to watch the North Sydney Bears run onto NSO for a match is in the NSW Cup and lower age competitions.

Joint ventures never work. At best, the Perth Bears will be a squabbling mess like the St George Illawarra Dragons and Wests Tigers. At worst, they'll end up like the Northern Eagles and Brothers-Valleys.

It's why the only way I support the Bears coming back is as the Central Coast Bears. At least that has the capacity to work.

Dragonwest

Juniors
It’s been reported the Perth Bears will retain North Sydney’s heritage. An effective relocation of the club. Not a new club using the Bears name and colours.
I think it would have to be a joint venture.

You'd expect North Sydney would want to protect their right to continue to run their junior programs and a NSW Cup side without a Perth base entity shutting it down.

The critical area will be the joint venture board structure which must give the majority share to the Perth entity to run the NRL side in Perth as they see fit.

Wb1234

Immortal
I think it would have to be a joint venture.

You'd expect North Sydney would want to protect their right to continue to run their junior programs and a NSW Cup side without a Perth base entity shutting it down.

The critical area will be the joint venture board structure which must give the majority share to the Perth entity to run the NRL side in Perth as they see fit.
Sounds like it will be 50 50

Latest posts