What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
It’s not the bears per se but the idea the perth is having a failed Sydney club forced on it that will be more about north Sydney coming back than perth joining the comp. Add in the dangers of joint ventures, the idea that ns could own the license and white ant things to get back to gosford, lack of focus and investment in wa systems and the main reasoning for it being some suburban nostalgia trip for vlandys and some old boomer ns fans in the media and there are our concerns.
If the Perth Bears start to struggle I honestly can’t see them packing up and heading back to NSW, V’Landys has stated numerous times that Sydney/NSW has way to many teams.
We have until 2030/2032 for this to actually happen, then it is up to the WA locals and Bears fans, if it then struggles financially I think you’ll eventually see them relocate to QLD probably joining up with the Brisbane Tigers, but I’ll probably be in my 80’s or 90’s by then with dementia (I’m 55yrs now).
Hopefully Perth can be a success, and rugby league can thrive over there.

reanimate

Bench
If the Perth Bears start to struggle I honestly can’t see them packing up and heading back to NSW, V’Landys has stated numerous times that Sydney/NSW has way to many teams.
We have until 2030/2032 for this to actually happen, then it is up to the WA locals and Bears fans, if it then struggles financially I think you’ll eventually see them relocate to QLD probably joining up with the Brisbane Tigers, but I’ll probably be in my 80’s or 90’s by then with dementia (I’m 55yrs now).
Hopefully Perth can be a success, and rugby league can thrive over there.
That should not be the case at all. If the Bears can’t make WA work, they shouldn’t get another chance in QLD. If they’re going to WA, they have to be all in and make it work, not have one eye on bailing off to somewhere else if the going gets tough.

Wb1234

Immortal
That should not be the case at all. If the Bears can’t make WA work, they shouldn’t get another chance in QLD. If they’re going to WA, they have to be all in and make it work, not have one eye on bailing off to somewhere else if the going gets tough.
It’s a Perth located license

Bukowski

Juniors
They couldn't even survive in a merger with a club up the road. But yeah, let's give them a run at WA.
This is set to up for failure.

Bukowski

Juniors
I didn't put a figure on it.

What we know is a new club will have zero fans so even 10 Bears fans is a presence.

When Perth is playing at 6pm on a Friday in say Canberra and you guys are still at work.

The Bears name is going to attract some eyeballs as opposed to 'insert name' playing
That's ridiculous.

Wb1234

Immortal
I didn't put a figure on it.

What we know is a new club will have zero fans so even 10 Bears fans is a presence.

When Perth is playing at 6pm on a Friday in say Canberra and you guys are still at work.

The Bears name is going to attract some eyeballs as opposed to 'insert name' playing
Foxsports and nein both said they would want the bears back in the nrl