What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Immortal
I won’t believe the Perth Jets are a chance until I see a quote from Vlandys referencing Newtowns two hundred thousand members …

The Jets seem to make even less sense than the Bears … just go it alone ..
If John singleton couldn’t make the jets work after they made a grand final in 1982 Perth have no chance

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Despite talking to Perth people on here who have said they will care?

Yes because no decisions on about expansion of the NRL will have anything to do with anything said on the League Unlimited Forums by anyone or how you so eloquently put it “on here”.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Interesting article. If that's true then NSO is off the table.
As Perth Red would say “This was not quoted by anybody of significance, this is only from a journalist”, lol.
As I have said there is a long way to go on any of this, if WA goes with the Newtown Jets, fair enough, it’ll look odd with blue and white as their jersey lol.
And with no established junior pathways expect an absolute flogging from East Coast teams every week like the West Coast Pirates S.G.Ball team.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
They don't have too, It just needs to trend water in Perth until locals start filtering into the side.

Once that happens the tribalism for the Perth Bears will kick in.

Say it gets announced with PNG.
Perth’s Bears drops merch, start school visits and other community events. Those kids aren't going to care that it was once a Sydney team

I doubt the vast majority of targeted audience of the Perth Bears will even be aware of the Sydney links at first.

The ones that already know about it aren’t the target audience.

Dragonwest

Juniors
As Perth Red would say “This was not quoted by anybody of significance, this is only from a journalist”, lol.
As I have said there is a long way to go on any of this, if WA goes with the Newtown Jets, fair enough, it’ll look odd with blue and white as their jersey lol.
And with no established junior pathways expect an absolute flogging from East Coast teams every week like the West Coast Pirates S.G.Ball team.

Instantly the talent pool for SG Ball will double with decreased loses to Union and players moving interstate.

The inclusion of a HM team will improve their skill development and S&C.

SG Ball will have no issue being competitive in 3-5 years.