What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Nutz

Bench
Of course mate, Norm was like a dad to me...long stories that's too upsetting to talk here. I will say that at his funeral you could feel his spirit when I looked at that portrait. He was the most generous man I've ever known, especially to our family.
His older brother Rupert died not long ago, he said to me just before he died that he was the only one of the brothers who didn't play footy, someone had to have brains he said . ha ha

Nutz

Bench
i guess this is a little bit to do with the topic ... I'm so rapt that LO is getting funding to install a new dunny. If you read the WT forum ,,,save Leichhardt Oval I've been hammering to save the tigers heartland.
It looks like we might save another inner city ground, history takes a life time to create and a seconds to destroy

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Not everyone can win, that’s true, but at least clubs like the Warriors have made some first grade grand finals since TV began officially broadcasting in Australia.

If you want to talk about success on the field and Manly, since Manly has been in the comp, the Bears have won zero premierships. In that same period, Manly won six while the Bears were still in the comp and another two after for a total of eight.
Good ‘ol Manly, the parasite that keeps on sucking the life out of opposition clubs.
The former silvertails of the competition, Arko just kept on giving and giving and giving to his precious Sea Eagles.
Even as a Bears fan it is hard to hate on Manly these days with the Trbojevics there.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I'm going to get in trouble by the mods for being off topic...but one more whilst I'm feeling scotch delight.
Whilst we've been chatting I am watching my budgies devour a huge seed block I put in their cage... it's something they've not had before and it's a novelty to them...they won't stop eating. Reminds me of fat animals.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I'll take your word for it, my North Sydney League Club haunt was in 1977 and the disco girls were yummy. Especially after a hard game we'd go there for some sympathy with our girls ;)
Yeah my sons couldn’t believe Perth when we were over there, we were at this pub in Scarborough, with Nicho, the Brailey brothers and a few of the Newcastle lads, I was about to go back to where we were staying as it was getting late, this stunner walked in, all the boys were looking at her, after about 20 mins, she walked towards our table.
Everybody went really quiet, she went up to me youngest son, he is 22yrs, she asked his name and said, I’ve matched with you on Hinge” or some dating app thingo.
All the footy boys were blowing up lol.
We didn’t see him again until the next day, but Perth was like fitness City plus, lots and lots of stunners all over the place.

Nutz

Bench
Yeah my sons couldn’t believe Perth when we were over there, we were at this pub in Scarborough, with Nicho, the Brailey brothers and a few of the Newcastle lads, I was about to go back to where we were staying as it was getting late, this stunner walked in, all the boys were looking at her, after about 20 mins, she walked towards our table.
Everybody went really quiet, she went up to me youngest son, he is 22yrs, she asked his name and said, I’ve matched with you on Hinge” or some dating app thingo.
We didn’t see him again until the next day, but Perth was like fitness City plus, lots and lots of stunners all over the place.
i can relate to that Centy.
I remember years ago sitting on the deck of the CBH watching the sun go down over the Indian Ocean and bikini girls would walk off the beach and come up the stairs of the pub and sit with us. loooonnnnngggg nights ;)

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
it used to be a crime in Perth to be out after dark if you were ugly, hence why I got locked up with all the fugly girls. No seriously they are stunners over there.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I’ll do some more digging but just got sent this from a very reliable source, please don’t shoot the messenger, let’s just see what happens as I know just as much as you atm.

I can tell you now that the Bears met with both the NRL and Perth a week ago and its definitely happening. Newtown aren’t even in the mix, just another waste of time headline that will go nowhere.
Watch this space because Here come the Bears!!

Last edited: