What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Theyve been begging people to become members for last three years and hardly anyone has. I’m sure the 198k bears fans who refuse to be members are just waiting for the right moment lol

It’s a bad look when you talk to your alt accounts. Glad, Maximus and Perth Red. Sentence structure makes it so obvious.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I respect the passion of bears supporters here but the reality is Perth is and always has been the logical next club and it should be stand alone. If it isn’t the arrangement has to be dominated by Perth. WTF the North Sydney effing Bears had to do with Perth WA, other than a feeder club, I’ll never know.
I bet there are a lot of things that you’ll never know.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Not everyone can win, that’s true, but at least clubs like the Warriors have made some first grade grand finals since TV began officially broadcasting in Australia.

If you want to talk about success on the field and Manly, since Manly has been in the comp, the Bears have won zero premierships. In that same period, Manly won six while the Bears were still in the comp and another two after for a total of eight.

im still imagining what would have happened if the Bears didn’t support the inclusion of Manly in 1947.

MugaB

Coach
"A couple" of games a year at NSO is too much.

9 games a year in Perth is too few for a new team.

There is enough away games in Sydney for Bears fans.
Would 10 be OK for Perth then, and remaining 2 @ CC, or SFS.
I would perfeably have all 12@perth and the pre season matches held at NSO, but they want something in return, so I get that aspect of the bid, besides dolphins do far less and it currently hasn't impacted them as of yet

Diesel

Referee
I’ll do some more digging but just got sent this from a very reliable source, please don’t shoot the messenger, let’s just see what happens as I know just as much as you atm.

I can tell you now that the Bears met with both the NRL and Perth a week ago and its definitely happening. Newtown aren’t even in the mix, just another waste of time headline that will go nowhere.
Watch this space because Here come the Bears!!
Sauce? If that’s the case, well done, having your team back

Centy Coast

Juniors
Sauce? If that’s the case, well done, having your team back
I respect this person and his brother was once in charge at the Bears I won’t believe or accept anything until it is 100% confirmed.
I remember back in 2005 and hearing from a NRL official that the Central Coast Bears were confirmed, next minute the Gold Coast Titans were all over the news.

Nutz

Bench
Adelaide have no interest in rugby league, it would be a total waste of time, they couldn’t even sell out last years State of Origin match held there.
I have a mate who is from Adelaide, he is a mad Port Adelaide fan, he went to the first Origin the othe week, he just says that the NRL should never, ever bother going to Adelaide.
I know your mate's uncle's brothers son and he said the same thing.

Wb1234

Immortal
Perth has the best looking girls, North Sydney only has Asian girls now lol
N

eve
I respect this person and his brother was once in charge at the Bears I won’t believe or accept anything until it is 100% confirmed.
I remember back in 2005 and hearing from a NRL official that the Central Coast Bears were confirmed, next minute the Gold Coast Titans were all over the news.
Vlandys has said multiple times Perth have to link with the bears

What pvl wants he gets

this is good for the nrl the new team will hit the ground running

like with the dolphins in Brisbane using an existing club will help a new nrl club out

the return of the bears will be like the return of south’s the media will jump all over it

Wb1234

Immortal
Yeah my sons couldn’t believe Perth when we were over there, we were at this pub in Scarborough, with Nicho, the Brailey brothers and a few of the Newcastle lads, I was about to go back to where we were staying as it was getting late, this stunner walked in, all the boys were looking at her, after about 20 mins, she walked towards our table.
Everybody went really quiet, she went up to me youngest son, he is 22yrs, she asked his name and said, I’ve matched with you on Hinge” or some dating app thingo.
All the footy boys were blowing up lol.
We didn’t see him again until the next day, but Perth was like fitness City plus, lots and lots of stunners all over the place.
Nicho always buckles under pressure

hahhahahaha