What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

I’d myself would have the Brisbane Tigers before any overseas teams, the Auckland/NZ Warriors were/are enough for me.
There are only two things standing in the Brisbane Tigers way
1).The Dolphins recent entry into the NRL.
2).The Tigers brand is already taken.
Unfortunately these are the very reasons that could see the Tigers lose out to either NZ2 or PNG.
The Brisbane Tigers should rebrand as the Brisbane Bengals or Brisbane Raptors. I'm not sold on "Firehawks".

That was the cowboys in 95

30 years later they turned out ok
Cowboys were not given $600m over 10 years by the Aus Gov. They were given a few million by News Ltd to pay off debts and extend Willows after broken arse Sydney clubs extorted $800k out of the club in 1995 for flight and accommodation in Townsville.

The Cowboys pulled an average attendance of over 21k in their first season. There were Sydney clubs drawing a quarter of that.

After their first 5 years the Cowboys were the third highest earning club for revenue from sponsorship and corporate hospitality.

Wb1234

Referee
Cowboys were not given $600m over 10 years by the Aus Gov. They were given a few million by News Ltd to pay off debts and extend Willows after broken arse Sydney clubs extorted $800k out of the club in 1995 for flight and accommodation in Townsville.

The Cowboys pulled an average attendance of over 21k in their first season. There were Sydney clubs drawing a quarter of that.

After their first 5 years the Cowboys were the third highest earning club for revenue from sponsorship and corporate hospitality.
300 million stadium that nobody else uses

shhh we won’t talk about that leg up

I am scrolling through the fumbler forum and they are talking about why gws is failing unlike the swans and the theme was it should’ve been a transplanted Melbourne club like north Melbourne
AwFuL tried to relocate North Melbourne to the Gold Coast. The club wouldn't leave its market.

Fitzroy Lions and South Melbourne Swans don't compete in the VFL.

Sydney too

kangaroos played some home games at the scg

the later paragraph is a red herring and you know it
The point is the Bears and Jets are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They're not willing to relocate all of their operations to Perth. They want to retain their brand at NSW Cup level and below. They're also trying to take NRL premiership games back to Sydney.

Wb1234

Referee
The point is the Bears and Jets are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They're not willing to relocate all of their operations to Perth. They want to retain their brand at NSW Cup level and below. They're also trying to take NRL premiership games back to Sydney.
So the bears give up their junior pathways that are producing kids that are beating teams dominated by nrl teams juniors

close down their leagues club that pays for that and could helps support a perth club

doesn’t sound smart to me

jets would be a full move they have nothing in Sydney now tbh

Henson park is home to the swans women side has afl sticks up most days

So the bears give up their junior pathways that are producing kids that are beating teams dominated by nrl teams juniors

close down their leagues club that pays for that and could helps support a perth club

doesn’t sound smart to me

jets would be a full move they have nothing in Sydney now tbh

Henson park is home to the swans women side has afl sticks up most days
Which is why I think the Bears should wait until the NRL considers basing a team on the Central Coast. It wouldn't hurt the Bears to relocate to Gosford and rebrand as the Central Coast Bears at all levels. That way they'll help the game grow in an important market.

Latest posts