What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
I don’t understand why people think players won’t go to Perth, you surely must be joking.
I know plenty of NRL players and being under the media/public eye 24/7 is their main gripes, sure it is part of who they are but it gets tiresome when you are out with friends or family and somebody thinks they are Mike Tyson.
Here are some positives of living in Perth:

1). Out of the bubble, no constant media speculation, locals wouldn’t know who you are.

2). Cost of living, the price of houses and the location of houses especially in suburbs like Cottesloe and Scarborough, with beaches way cleaner and less crowded than Sydneys Bondi, Manly or Cronulla.

3). Everything is close in Perth.

4). One State Team: isolation bonds people.

Bukowski

Juniors
I don’t understand why people think players won’t go to Perth, you surely must be joking.
I know plenty of NRL players and being under the media/public eye 24/7 is their main gripes, sure it is part of who they are but it gets tiresome when you are out with friends or family and somebody thinks they are Mike Tyson.
Here are some positives of living in Perth:

1). Out of the bubble, no constant media speculation, locals wouldn’t know who you are.

2). Cost of living, the price of houses and the location of houses especially in suburbs like Cottesloe and Scarborough, with beaches way cleaner and less crowded than Sydneys Bondi, Manly or Cronulla.

3). Everything is close in Perth.

4). One State Team: isolation bonds people.
First thing I'd be doing would be showing a potential Signing what a $1mill buys you here. It's a bit better than a 3x1 at Wenty.

Perth Red

Post Whore
First thing I'd be doing would be showing a potential Signing what a $1mill buys you here. It's a bit better than a 3x1 at Wenty.
Yep, under $1.5mill buys you a newish family 4x2 with pool on the beach and 20mins from the city. Good luck finding that in sydney or brisbane!

Centy Coast

Juniors
Yep, under $1.5mill buys you a newish family 4x2 with pool on the beach and 20mins from the city. Good luck finding that in sydney or brisbane!
You wouldn’t need two sets of books for that lol.
My sister has lived in Perth for over 35 years, first in Cottesloe and now in Scarborough.
The prices and the location are crazy when you compare them to up here in Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You wouldn’t need two sets of books for that lol.
My sister has lived in Perth for over 35 years, first in Cottesloe and now in Scarborough.
The prices and the location are crazy when you compare them to up here in Sydney.
Yeh I’m in a 4x2 on 600sqm just up from Scarborough, got the beach and a marina on my doorstep, cbd 20mins away, wine region 30mins away and all for less than a 2 bedroom apartment in Sydney lol

Gobsmacked

Bench
There's only 1 expansion option that has the talent and that's NZ.
Kiwis make up 30 % of the NRL and only get 1 team?
How many players this year and previous years have kiwis had to leave their country to get a run?
Give me a break, nz is next

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No one said anything about players NOT going to Perth.

Stop reading things so black and white.

The distance will be a barrier despite people painting WA as the land of wine and honey.
I'll spell it out:
Barrier. To. Some. Players. Moving. To Perth. This. Does. Not. Mean. Every. Player.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeh I’m in a 4x2 on 600sqm just up from Scarborough, got the beach and a marina on my doorstep, cbd 20mins away, wine region 30mins away and all for less than a 2 bedroom apartment in Sydney lol
Lol. Do you ever stop bragging?

No one gives a f**k.

Centy Coast

Juniors
There's only 1 expansion option that has the talent and that's NZ.
Kiwis make up 30 % of the NRL and only get 1 team?
How many players this year and previous years have kiwis had to leave their country to get a run?
Give me a break, nz is next
How many years did it take the Warriors to get up a going ?, how many times did they nearly close their doors ?.
The Warriors changed their colours to that of their national team, they straightened the tongue on their logo because of bad juju, they couldn’t attract local players who would rather play with Australian clubs and now the Warriors are having a good season in 2023 people want another NZ team on the opposite side of the island in the rugby mad zone lol.

Centy Coast

Juniors
No one said anything about players NOT going to Perth.

Stop reading things so black and white.

The distance will be a barrier despite people painting WA as the land of wine and honey.
I'll spell it out:
Barrier. To. Some. Players. Moving. To Perth. This. Does. Not. Mean. Every. Player.
Yes they did, I suggest you go back and reread a few threads.
People bagging Perth out who probably have never even been over there or are to old to even enjoy it.

Latest posts