What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
Perth would have plenty to sell aspiring and champion RL players.

Weather
Easy lifestyle
Hot sheilas and sunsets
Great education and medical
Cheaper housing
Very family friendly

Get the facilities right and Perth would have heaps going for it.
Correct Perth is a no brainer... wish they were better at junior level tho... having lack of a pokie den set up to pay for elite junior comps is what has set them back, unlike QLD amf NSW

Yes its not released yet, but it will be soon
I am sure it will be. It will be a waste of time if it’s not based out of Port Moresby. Not that a Moresby club will be admitted anyway.

Iamback

Coach
Perth would have plenty to sell aspiring and champion RL players.

Weather
Easy lifestyle
Hot sheilas and sunsets
Great education and medical
Cheaper housing
Very family friendly

Get the facilities right and Perth would have heaps going for it.

Most of that applies to GC to be fair

When the players and NRL were playing out CBA talks in public.

They stated why they want no change to the transfer system and more importantly no draft, That didn't strike confidence that the majority of players would be up for a move.

Which goes with the lack of external recruits to Cowboys etc, Afterall that too is just a plane trip away

Wb1234

Referee
What bid are you talking about? There is no PNG bid, just a few off the cuff comments with no substance at all.

PNG will not happen. Put your energy into something else.
Sure mate

when vlandys said they were discussing rn govt funding for the team he was making it up to troll a few Perth fans on lu

mongoose

Coach
Correct Perth is a no brainer... wish they were better at junior level tho... having lack of a pokie den set up to pay for elite junior comps is what has set them back, unlike QLD amf NSW
if a pokie den is so important nothing is stopping a WA team from owning one in NSW or QLD. I think the Raiders own a pokie den in Logan lol

Colk

First Grade
Slightly off topic but an interesting article about potential expansion in the UK feeding off the demise of union premier clubs.

Hopefully the IMG know this and see it as an opportunity to have some midlands and lower England representation in the Super League

Pneuma

First Grade
Hopefully the IMG know this and see it as an opportunity to have some midlands and lower England representation in the Super League
A mate of mine plays for London Irish. He’ll get picked up by another club but must be a worry.

Slightly off topic but an interesting article about potential expansion in the UK feeding off the demise of union premier clubs.

I don’t think SL or the RFL have two pennies to rub together do they? I doubt there is anything more they can do than dream. It’s not like they’ve shown any ability to capitalise on anything over the last 25/30 years anyway.

Why is there so much hate for Perth on here?

Perth is almost as big as Brisbane and has a growing rugby league competition.

If the ARLC is serious about expanding to 20 teams then the only realistic contenders for the three licences are Brisbane 2, NZ 2 and Perth. I don't really care which of the three get the 18th licence. As a BRL fan I'm biased towards Brisbane Tigers, but I'll be happy if Perth or NZ2 get in ahead of them because it'll help the game grow. I make no apologies for being pro-BRL.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
5 days for magic round, Sydney was a couple of days for a funeral.

Sorry about the funeral but most of that time would of been commuting.

Most people on here would gladly make the trip to play NRL, The players have stated one of the
Reasons they are anti draft or changes to player transfer is they want as much time to sort out things like schooling.

That and recent history suggests. Any of the new areas will struggle to only recruit. So a strong 2nd tier setup. I see as a must for team 18

Bukowski

Juniors
Sorry about the funeral but most of that time would of been commuting.

Most people on here would gladly make the trip to play NRL, The players have stated one of the
Reasons they are anti draft or changes to player transfer is they want as much time to sort out things like schooling.

That and recent history suggests. Any of the new areas will struggle to only recruit. So a strong 2nd tier setup. I see as a must for team 18
Thanks.
The players I suspect don't want a draft because they don't want to be told they're off to the tigers or the like. You hear the schoolimg thing a bit but so many don't have a problem mid season when it suits them.
I agree on the 2nd tier, the ARLC would need to spend more money on grass roots if they are going into a non heartland city.