What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Iamback

Coach
Are we only including touch football players as league participants in Perth? If we include them in Perth we have to include them everywhere in Australia. If we do then I’m very proud to announce we have 7000 rugby league players in Tasmania all of whom play the touch version

If you include touch the existing clubs have huge junior numbers

Gobsmacked

Bench
Perth is a very big and risky move that's guaranteed to be a drain on finances and talent for decades.

NZ 2 is actually the conservative approach.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If there’s a ptb then it’s us
its actually a roll over of the ball, but yeh its the same rules as touch footy in other countries but Union has laid claim to it. So RL just to meekly let them do it because it didnt have its sht together until recent years around it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's probably the dumbest post I've read. Lol indeed.
The problem with you is you spout your opinion with zero quantatative reasoning or evidence for it.
So you think Perth will be more risky than NZ2? Why?
I've told why I think youre talking bollox, please feel free to refute my reasoning with sensible debate.

govt support WA yes - NZ no FACT
millionaire backers - WA yes - NZ no FACT
decent fanbase - WA yes - NZ potentially OPINION as no way of knowing 100%
large city - WA yes - NZ FACT
major corporates - WA yes - NZ no Local to the likely city NZ2 will be based Yep

its actually a roll over of the ball, but yeh its the same rules as touch footy in other countries but Union has laid claim to it. So RL just to meekly let them do it because it didnt have its sht together until recent years around it.
Same story with OzTag. The RFL showed no interest as "Tag Rugby" grew in popularity around London and the South-East. Consequently the sport developed it's own organisational independence and terminology.

We now have a situation where Tag players in the South say "rollball" but use a PTB i.e. play the ball correctly. While Tackle players in the North say "PTB" but use a rollball i.e. make no attempt to play the ball correctly.

Our Tackle refs still make the signal to play the ball with the foot at handovers. Sometimes they even say "wait for the foot". Then they watch on as the player rolls the ball and deliberately steps over it. All that's required now is "balance and control". Used to infuriate me. Now it's just funny.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The problem with you is you spout your opinion with zero quantatative reasoning or evidence for it.
I've told why I think youre talking bollox, please feel free to refute my reasoning with sensible debate.

major corporates - WA yes - NZ no Local to the likely city NZ2 will be based Yep
Perth won't happen.

Wb1234

Immortal

Nz2 over Perth

not even close
More tv viewers
Nz tv deal
Juniors
Bigger population
Rugby market
Benefits international competition

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nz2 over Perth

not even close
More tv viewers
Nz tv deal
Juniors
Bigger population
Rugby market
Benefits international competition
at least you tried, one up on gobshite lol

-Tv viewers, maybe, maybe same as are already watching? and they arent in Australia, where traditionally Warriors have rated amongst lowest of all NRL clubs.
-NZ tv deal, nope, been through that. No spark, no increase.
-Juniors yep def stronger in this area
-population, nope. Neither Christchurch or Wellington are close in population to Perth
-Ruby market? Thats like me saying AFL is really popular in perth and theyll convert to league as we have a better game. More wishful thinking than reality I suspect
-Yep, though ARLC dont give a sht about that so it wont be a factor.

so basically NZ has Jnrs, and Perth has money, govt support, population, is in Australia (95% of tv deal is in Australia) and millionaire backers. I know who my moneys on between the two!

Latest posts