What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Immortal
at least you tried, one up on gobshite lol

-Tv viewers, maybe, maybe same as are already watching? and they arent in Australia, where traditionally Warriors have rated amongst lowest of all NRL clubs.
-NZ tv deal, nope, been through that. No spark, no increase.
-Juniors yep def stronger in this area
-population, nope. Neither Christchurch or Wellington are close in population to Perth
-Ruby market? Thats like me saying AFL is really popular in perth and theyll convert to league as we have a better game. More wishful thinking than reality I suspect
-Yep, though ARLC dont give a sht about that so it wont be a factor.

so basically NZ has Jnrs, and Perth has money, govt support, population, is in Australia (95% of tv deal is in Australia) and millionaire backers. I know who my moneys on between the two!
Nz2 won’t be based in one city
Arlc do care about internationals

if the warriors make the top 4 I kinda think they will get bumped up to next club in

the hype is going to be huge In nz ….. if the warriors don’t choke

Perth Red

Post Whore

if the warriors make the top 4 I kinda think they will get bumped up to next club in

it might play games elsewhere but that doesnt make them part of other venues they play at anymore than the Dolphins are seen a sunshine coast club. Even if you add Christchurch and wellington together its still a 1/4 of WA's population which is predicted for continued growth over the next two decades.

I beg to differ based on previous behaviour and the ongoing lack of care and investment in the international game. we stumble from one year to the next when it comes to Int games.

I dont think a one off Warriors good season will play any part whatsoever in the decision, anymore than the last decade of poor performance will. They will go off commercial viability, strategic priority and what TV want. They are fundamentally a risk averse org. Thats why the backing of a WA govt and millionaire owners will give them confidence in WA over Christchurch or Wellington who have no backing at all at this point. If WA can tick the Jnr player issue then put your house on them being club 18 (PNG lunacy aside) .

There's a reason no one from the NRL has mentioned NZ2 as being in the running, the ARLC mandate is to grow the game in Australia.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Immortal
it might play games elsewhere but that doesnt make them part of other venues they play at anymore than the Dolphins are seen a sunshine coast club.

I beg to differ based on previous behaviour and the ongoing lack of care and investment in the international game. we stumble from one year ot the next when it comes to Int games.

I dont think a one off Warriors good season will play any part whatsoever in the decision, anymore than the last decade of poor performance will. They will go off commercial viability, strategic priority and what TV want. They are fundamentally a risk averse org. Thats why the backing of a WA govt and millionaire owners will give them confidence in WA over Christchurch or Wellington who have no backing at all at this point. If WA can tick the Jnr player issue then put your house on them being club 18 (PNG lunacy aside) .
Please govt backing png wins

Perth is getting lipstick on a pig

ignore the hype if you want the warriors doing well in the nrl makes a second nz side more likely

Perth Red

Post Whore
Please govt backing png wins

Perth is getting lipstick on a pig

ignore the hype if you want the warriors doing well in the nrl makes a second nz side more likely
believe what you will. NRL will decide then we can see where the chips land. As an expansionist NZ2, PNG or Perth are all good outcomes for growth of game for me. As long as it isnt Brisbane3 or NSW Bears I'm happy!

MugaB

Coach

-Tv viewers, maybe, maybe same as are already watching? and they arent in Australia, where traditionally Warriors have rated amongst lowest of all NRL clubs.
-population, nope. Neither Christchurch or Wellington are close in population to Perth
-Ruby market? Thats like me saying AFL is really popular in perth and theyll convert to league as we have a better game. More wishful thinking than reality I suspect

so basically NZ has Jnrs, and Perth has money, govt support, population, is in Australia (95% of tv deal is in Australia) and millionaire backers. I know who my moneys on between the two!
Neither PNG, wins!!! Flawless Victory

Wb1234

Immortal
believe what you will. NRL will decide then we can see where the chips land. As an expansionist NZ2, PNG or Perth are all good outcomes for growth of game for me. As long as it isnt Brisbane3 or NSW Bears I'm happy!
Yeh that’s actually true

all 3 will be excellent choices to round out 20 teams

Perth Red

Post Whore
LU "the Tigers and Dragons need to play at one venue only"

Also LU "NZ2 and PNG can play in 4 different venues in multiple countries"
So LU lol
Reality is the pro NZ/PNG crew know neither are really viable so come up with ludicrous solutions to the fact the model isnt sustainable.

Hey NZ doesnt havent another city big enough to sustain an NRL club, so why not have them play at two or three hundreds of kms apart, that'll work!

flippikat

First Grade

If NZ 2 is basically Christchurch, I'll stick with the Warriors - as a Wellingtonian, I couldn't switch to a Canterbury team.

If NZ 2 is fully or primarily Wellington-based, I'll switch to support them. I'll always have a soft spot for the Warriors, but Wellington would be my local team.

If NZ 2 is a team primarily from Christchurch (or even somewhere else like Hamilton) which has Wellington as a secondary market - basically committing to a number of home games in Wellington - I'd be open to *consider* switching my support, but I'd have to see the details to decide - How many Wellington games? What's the branding? Etc etc.

Pippen94

First Grade

U look at things the opposite TV does. Viewers are in Sydney & Brisbane. That's were TV will make it's money. Perth is dot on map.

Pippen94

First Grade
and youre a troll who has no concept of how to follow a conversation lol
We were talkign about touch footy in other countries being allowed to be shanghaied by union. As has clearly happened in UK. Now jog on tool.

You've never played sport in it life I bet

Wb1234

Immortal
If NZ 2 is basically Christchurch, I'll stick with the Warriors - as a Wellingtonian, I couldn't switch to a Canterbury team.

If NZ 2 is fully or primarily Wellington-based, I'll switch to support them. I'll always have a soft spot for the Warriors, but Wellington would be my local team.

If NZ 2 is a team primarily from Christchurch (or even somewhere else like Hamilton) which has Wellington as a secondary market - basically committing to a number of home games in Wellington - I'd be open to *consider* switching my support, but I'd have to see the details to decide - How many Wellington games? What's the branding? Etc etc.
Do you go to many warriors games ?

why not support both lol

I’ve been known to be a club whore in the past

it’d be hard to give up on the warriors after following them for so long

Latest posts