What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

flippikat

Bench
LU "the Tigers and Dragons need to play at one venue only"

Also LU "NZ2 and PNG can play in 4 different venues in multiple countries"
Long term, IMO ideally we'll have 3 NZ teams - Warriors (Auckland based), Bulls or Kea (Christchurch based) & Orcas (Wellington based).

Each team would have ONE regular season game & a trial game elsewhere - say, the Warriors taking a regular season game to Hamilton & a trial in Whangarei.. or the Bulls/Kea playing a regular season game each year in Dunedin and a trial on the West Coast.

flippikat

Bench
Do you go to many warriors games ?

why not support both lol

I’ve been known to be a club whore in the past

it’d be hard to give up on the warriors after following them for so long
Every time the Warriors have a game here in Wellington, I'm there.

I've made the trip up to Auckland a few times for home games, but family and work commitments these days mean it's hard finding the time & (especially) money to do that at the moment.

I think the toughest part about getting a 2nd NZ team would be my wife. She's a Souths fan, and naturally they're my 2nd fave (happy wife, happy life).. if a 2nd NZ team nudges it's way into my affections, I've gotta say "Sorry.. your Bunnies are my 3rd fave now..." :)

Wb1234

Immortal
Every time the Warriors have a game here in Wellington, I'm there.

I've made the trip up to Auckland a few times for home games, but family and work commitments these days mean it's hard finding the time & (especially) money to do that at the moment.

I think the toughest part about getting a 2nd NZ team would be my wife. She's a Souths fan, and naturally they're my 2nd fave (happy wife, happy life).. if a 2nd NZ team nudges it's way into my affections, I've gotta say "Sorry.. your Bunnies are my 3rd fave now..." :)
You’re talking to someone who at one stage had season tickets to south’s and the drgaons and squeezed in a year at Cronulla too lol

love the bunnies

Please govt backing png wins

Perth is getting lipstick on a pig

ignore the hype if you want the warriors doing well in the nrl makes a second nz side more likely
The RLPA, 17 clubs, QRL and NSWRL have voting rights. None of them will support a PNG-based team. Nor will they support a team that's based in Cairns and flies to Port Moresby on game day because the travel would be too much wear and tear on the players.

MugaB

Coach
The RLPA, 17 clubs, QRL and NSWRL have voting rights. None of them will support a PNG-based team. Nor will they support a team that's based in Cairns and flies to Port Moresby on game day because the travel would be too much wear and tear on the players.
As opposed to flying to Auckland, Perth or Singapore FMD

mongoose

Coach
what you on about now? Rugby touch in UK is played under same rules as touch footy here lol. And if you look at their website you'll see the English Rugby Union logo on it.
I remember about 10 years ago I googled Cooper Cronk and the google bio said he played "Rugby" and was a "Fly half" lol There is an obvious attempt by Union to erase League from culture.

Wb1234

Immortal
The lu expansion forum is full of people who love to argue about the most trivial points

going to be funny the meltdown when png are admitted

every expansion teams has pros and cons associated with it

Pippen94

First Grade
I remember about 10 years ago I googled Cooper Cronk and the google bio said he played "Rugby" and was a "Fly half" lol There is an obvious attempt by Union to erase League from culture.

No, just explaining position to union fans. League is northern sport in England

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lets say they are based in Cairns (lol) and we go for games away most convenient to both clubs. Not factoring in the limited direct flights out of cairns.

PNG
Home games Cairns > Port Moresby 36 hours
Brisbane x 2 8.5hour
Gold Coast 4.hours
Townsville 2 hours
Sydney x 7 43 hours
Melbourne 7 hours
Total 100.5hours

Perth
Home games 0 hours
Brisbane 9 hours
Sydney x 9 72hours