What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Immortal
So LU. Perth wont get fans unless they are ex pat because no one ever follows a new sport. If Perth is relying on ex pat fans.....

haha
Expat kids go to school and to fit in become fumblers

so you are saying converting afl fans to league is a tough job are you?

hmm the job isn’t so hard in nz is it

Pippen94

First Grade
Lets say they are based in Cairns (lol) and we go for games away most convenient to both clubs. Not factoring in the limited direct flights out of cairns.

PNG
Home games Cairns > Port Moresby 36 hours
Brisbane x 2 8.5hour
Gold Coast 4.hours
Townsville 2 hours
Sydney x 7 43 hours
Melbourne 7 hours
Total 100.5hours

Perth
Home games 0 hours
Brisbane 9 hours
Sydney x 9 72hours
Canberra 8 hours
Melbourne 7.5hours
Total 96.5hours

Perth never goes to Auckland lol??

Agreed. It is one of the dumbest things I have read. Why 4? Why not 3? Why not 2.5?

If they pick Perth, Brisbane 3 or whatever (PNG is too far) they’ll be fine
I think Perth are favourites for the 18th licence. The only thing needed is a new western stand at Perth Oval equipped with state of the art corporate suites. If we get that then the game will be in a very strong place.

I'd love to see retired Perth RL juniors like the Goodwin brothers involved with a Perth-based club. If they get into coaching then they could be involved with the club for decades. They would be great development officers who could help grow the game at the grassroots level.

Colk

First Grade
I think Perth are favourites for the 18th licence. The only thing needed is a new western stand at Perth Oval equipped with state of the art corporate suites. If we get that then the game will be in a very strong place.

I'd love to see retired Perth RL juniors like the Goodwin brothers involved with a Perth-based club. If they get into coaching then they could be involved with the club for decades. They would be great development officers who could help grow the game at the grassroots level.

Yeah I hope to see them as an 18th side. Then you can look at another team in QLD (to match the growing population) then perhaps an international side (preferably NZ) for either 19 or 20. It would be good to see a team relocate to Adelaide but I don’t think either the league or the clubs would have the guts/temerity to do it.

Bukowski

Juniors
Yeah I hope to see them as an 18th side. Then you can look at another team in QLD (to match the growing population) then perhaps an international side (preferably NZ) for either 19 or 20. It would be good to see a team relocate to Adelaide but I don’t think either the league or the clubs would have the guts/temerity to do it.
Imagine the state of the game in NZ if the warriors win the comp this year. It would make a strong case for nz2 as 18th.

Latest posts