What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

mongoose

Coach
Even if you take away the Storm's cheating years they have been better over the last 20 years than the Panthers.

2012, 2017, 2020 premierships, have missed the top 4 like once since 2006? ridiculous...

Colk

First Grade
Sure, nobody knew dolphins would get in years out. I predicted it here two years before it was announced

Congratulations on getting your prediction right. You’ve stated it beforehand as well so don’t bask in the reflected glory of it too much.

In any case the point is pretty simple: there are no bids however you want to twist the language. There are people etc wanting to bid but that’s different. When the ARLC make a decision on when to expand etc then you’ll see formal bids I’d imagine.

Colk

First Grade
This whole thing about juniors is somewhat a misapprehension. It’s simply scouting and recruiting and having the appropriate coaching, facilities and systems.

If you do that the best, then you’ll achieve success.

MugaB

Coach
Has to keep buying juniors from outside to be sustainable vs a club that produces its own

don’t even know why doggies area doesn’t produce juniors it should
Well he did build that "club" from scratch doing the exat same thing, so yeah he is buying talent from elsewhere as he did when he started in 2014 (go look at that roster) at penrith, the bulldogs juniors are ok, but if they can recruit and coach their own brand starting now from sg ball, then theyll be the world beaters in 4 years, as the panthers are currently now... so yeah stop thinking short term WB, think about the crop beneath

Wb1234

Referee
Well he did build that "club" from scratch doing the exat same thing, so yeah he is buying talent from elsewhere as he did when he started in 2014 (go look at that roster) at penrith, the bulldogs juniors are ok, but if they can recruit and coach their own brand starting now from sg ball, then theyll be the world beaters in 4 years, as the panthers are currently now... so yeah stop thinking short term WB, think about the crop beneath
Every club needs to be investing in juniors in their area not stealing other peoples juniors

thsts the best outcome for the game

the dogs at least should be doing it being based in Sydney and having a lc

Gus is taking the short term approach not me

MugaB

Coach
Every club needs to be investing in juniors in their area not stealing other peoples juniors

thsts the best outcome for the game

the dogs at least should be doing it being based in Sydney and having a lc

Gus is taking the short term approach not me
Not every club is doing that, only ones in sydney that are are Penrith, Cronulla, and Wests, you cant stop buying talent from elsewhere then start promoting your juniors instantly, it takes seasons and cycles for it to happen, especially if you want what the panthers have (all coming up from the grades together)

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Not every club is doing that, only ones in aydney that are are Penrith, Cronulla, and Wests, you cant stop buying talent from elsewhere then start promoting your juniors instantly, it takes seasons and cycles for it to happen, especially if you want what the panthers have (all coming up from the grades together)
Arlc should rewarding clubs who do so the lazy clubs do the same and the number of juniors goes up

clubs with poor juniors like easts or storm could
Be given development areas to supplement their own poor catchments

MugaB

Coach
Arlc should rewarding clubs who do so the lazy clubs do the same and the number of juniors goes up

clubs with poor juniors like easts or storm could
Be given development areas to supplement their own poor catchments
Ok agreed, but gould is starting this process in his area and you're giving him shit for it

Colk

First Grade
Even if you take away the Storm's cheating years they have been better over the last 20 years than the Panthers.

2012, 2017, 2020 premierships, have missed the top 4 like once since 2006? ridiculous...

Storm’s success has been ridiculous. Same with the Roosters (to a lesser extent). It is relatively unseen anywhere outside of say European soccer to be that consistent for more than two decades.

The whole Panthers thing I’ve seen before (at this point in time) with the Raiders, Broncos and Knights (to a lesser extent) where you have an area produce a series of great players all in one go over 5-10 years with a splattering of outside recruitment. I guess the measure will be whether they do it beyond that timeframe and become like the Storm.

Wb1234

Referee
Storm’s success has been ridiculous. Same with the Roosters (to a lesser extent). It is relatively unseen anywhere outside of say European soccer to be that consistent for more than two decades.

The whole Panthers thing I’ve seen before (at this point in time) with the Raiders, Broncos and Knights (to a lesser extent) where you have an area produce a series of great players all in one go over 5-10 years with a splattering of outside recruitment. I guess the measure will be whether they do it beyond that timeframe and become like the Storm.
Penrith have changed the way it’s done

roosters are showing how hard I’d is to buy comps now

Brandon smith has been a massive dud

canberrra had a lot of qld players

Pippen94

First Grade
Congratulations on getting your prediction right. You’ve stated it beforehand as well so don’t bask in the reflected glory of it too much.

In any case the point is pretty simple: there are no bids however you want to twist the language. There are people etc wanting to bid but that’s different. When the ARLC make a decision on when to expand etc then you’ll see formal bids I’d imagine.

You'll see tigers, jets in Brisbane, Perth jets, PNG & pie in sky wellington & gosford bears..we know who wants in. In fact, once bids were called for Brisbane some interested parties never put in like brothers

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok, but you go and tell PVL that 25 years ago Perth did wonders fot the game, or did just as much as cronulla do right now in their little shire...
I already know Perfh will produce players, just not straight away, and they will pull from other clubs in their first 3 seasons till they are up and running, probably more, thats the reason arlc are telling WA bidders to link with a reserve grade team, coz your stocks/depth are very low in talent, we are not living 25 years ago... besides storm took all your good players, and they are nowhere near the club the reds once were in terms of participation numbers
Which is exactly the same as any new club coming in. Have you been watching the dolphins?

MugaB

Coach
Which is exactly the same as any new club coming in. Have you been watching the dolphins?
They atleast have a few juniors filtering thru, same as the dogs... its no different, only thing in dolphins favors is not having existing contracts clogging up the signings they aquire