What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
a lot of people in these threads getting "team x will be next" mixed up with "team x should be next".
Just because someone is putting forward a case for a expansion area doesn't necessarily mean they think it will happen.
Correct on every level... but im saying it is happening

The Great Dane

First Grade
Let me remind you of what you said.

You then went on to say this.
You don't have to remind me of what I said, and everything after this point is just a bunch of non sequitur nonsense which doesn't follow from my position.

It's just a rogues' gallery of the same tired, canned, reductive arguments against expansion that get thrown out every time somebody is trying to prevent a location from being considered for expansion for whatever reasons. They've been discussed and debated ad nauseam, and I refuse to be drawn into another discussion about them again because it's boring and I have better things to do.

You yourself know that what you're saying is nonsense as well, as you'd readily argue against all these points if the discussion were about another team in e.g. Queensland instead of Adelaide.

You don't have to remind me of what I said, and everything after this point is just a bunch of non sequitur nonsense which doesn't follow from my position.

It's just a rogues' gallery of the same tired, canned, reductive arguments against expansion that get thrown out every time somebody is trying to prevent a location from being considered for expansion for whatever reasons. They've been discussed and debated ad nauseam, and I refuse to be drawn into another discussion about them again because it's boring and I have better things to do.

You yourself know that what you're saying is nonsense as well, as you'd readily argue against all these points if the discussion were about another team in e.g. Queensland instead of Adelaide.

I knew you would respond with a long-winded sanctimonious rant that tries to deflect attenrion away from the fact you are wrong. You'll never admit to being wrong about anything.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
The rugby league community in Adelaide is tiny and has gone backwards in recent years. Few people from Queensland and NSW have emigrated to Adelaide.

I cannot see the SA Gov putting much money into an NRL team. There will be too much opposition from parochial fumbleball fans and the city's two AwFuL clubs.
That's where the NRL needs to ally with soccer & rugby union to get a decent rectangular stadium (with size for decent in-goal areas) on the agenda.

Hahahaha, f**k me that sounds exactly what you do
The irony, of logans hypocritical troll

A quick search will reveal plenty of times I've admitted to being wrong.

There's another two examples here and here you blithering idiot.

You're so dumb you failed the entry requirements to get into special school.

Last edited:

Tigerlaird

Juniors
I reckon Queensland could neatly have 6 teams where you cover all the major areas.

Broncos (Brisbane)
Dolphins (Northeastish)
Ipswich Jets (Western Corridor)
Capras (CQ)
Cowboys (NQ)
Titans (Gold Coast)

And then have PNG as an unofficial Queensland team like the Storm.

flippikat

Bench
I reckon Queensland could neatly have 6 teams where you cover all the major areas.

Broncos (Brisbane)
Dolphins (Northeastish)
Ipswich Jets (Western Corridor)
Capras (CQ)
Cowboys (NQ)
Titans (Gold Coast)

And then have PNG as an unofficial Queensland team like the Storm.
A western corridor team sounds good, and in time I imagine a team between Brisbane & the Cowboys may be worthwhile.. but not convinced on a PNG team.

Tigerlaird

Juniors
A western corridor team sounds good, and in time I imagine a team between Brisbane & the Cowboys may be worthwhile.. but not convinced on a PNG team.
I'm not convinced too. Just considering PNG's situation as a country, it's not on the same level as Australia and New Zealand.

The third country I could see the NRL realistically expand to is Tasmania.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I knew you would respond with a long-winded sanctimonious rant that tries to deflect attenrion away from the fact you are wrong. You'll never admit to being wrong about anything.
Man replies to a post a ¼ or less the size of his and claims that it's 'long-winded' LOL. I don't think you understand what either sanctimonious or rant mean either, but whatever.

Mate you'd have to prove me wrong for it to necessitate me admitting I'm wrong, but the reality is that you haven't even addressed what I've actually said, just come up with random conclusions that don't follow from what I've said (i.e. non-sequitur, it's a useful term that you would have learnt at high school had you gone) then tried to assert that those are my positions and attacked them instead of what was actually said (i.e. strawman).

I'm sorry but I won't relitigate the same tired old arguments that've been had a billion times, and that your side of the debate (this time around...) have lost in the eyes of any reasonable person who's paid attention. You're only going on this extended diatribe because it upsets you that some people think that the NRL should expand to some other markets before your precious SEQ get's it's fourth anyway, well boo-f**king-hoo.

MugaB

Coach
Man replies to a post a ¼ or less the size of his and claims that it's 'long-winded' LOL. I don't think you understand what either sanctimonious or rant mean either, but whatever.

Mate you'd have to prove me wrong for it to necessitate me admitting I'm wrong, but the reality is that you haven't even addressed what I've actually said, just come up with random conclusions that don't follow from what I've said (i.e. non-sequitur, it's a useful term that you would have learnt at high school had you gone) then tried to assert that those are my positions and attacked them instead of what was actually said (i.e. strawman).

I'm sorry but I won't relitigate the same tired old arguments that've been had a billion times, and that your side of the debate (this time around...) have lost in the eyes of any reasonable person who's paid attention. You're only going on this extended diatribe because it upsets you that some people think that the NRL should expand to some other markets before your precious SEQ get's it's fourth anyway, well boo-f**king-hoo.
Thats it Dane!! Wery wery guud post

Another long-winded and sanctimonious rant to boost your flailing ego. How boring and predictable. Contrary to what you think, your arguments are just your opinions and aren't based on irrefutable facts. When your faulty assertions are exposed you get catty and resort to hurling childish insults. You're no intellectual, yet you strut around acting as if your shit doesn't stink while talking down to everyone else.

Your posts are littered with logical fallacies, BTW.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd like to see Brisbane Tigers become the 18th team, but I won't be upset if Perth gets the licence because they've fought gallantly for it and deserve a spot in the NRL based on their enthusiasm and development of the game at the junior level.

You're just a whiny old bitch. You whinged when the Dolphins got the 17th licence. You'll no doubt whinge about whoever gets the 18th licence. If Perth gets it you'll whinge about who it is given to and how they run it.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Another long-winded and sanctimonious rant to boost your flailing ego. How boring and predictable. Contrary to what you think, your arguments are just your opinions and aren't based on irrefutable facts. When your faulty assertions are exposed you get catty and resort to using childish insults. You're no intellectual, yet you strut around acting as if your shit doesn't stink while talking down to everyone else.

Your posts are littered with logical fallacies, BTW. You're the Abraham Simpson of LU.
Which easily makes you ralph

Screenshot_20180529-191748_Messages(1).jpg

Canard

Immortal
I'm not convinced too. Just considering PNG's situation as a country, it's not on the same level as Australia and New Zealand.

The third country I could see the NRL realistically expand to is Tasmania.

Should get some fish with this this troll. Alt.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Contrary to what you think, your arguments are just your opinions and aren't based on irrefutable facts.
I never claimed that they were, but they don't have to be facts for you to have to actually refute them for them to be wrong.
When your faulty assertions are exposed you get catty and resort to hurling childish insults. You're no intellectual, yet you strut around acting as if your shit doesn't stink while talking down to everyone else.
The problem is that the 'faulty assertions' you're 'exposing' aren't mine; they're your own faulty assertions that you've tried to put into my mouth, and I'm not interested in playing that game. Especially not when it'll drop us straight a discussion that I'm sick of having.

I've been there a million times and I'm not in the mood to go again anytime soon.

Latest posts