What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

jim_57

Staff member
Has there been any mention of a Port Moresby stadium upgrade if they are successful in getting a license? Current stadium has no cover and limited corporate facilities with a capacity of less than 15k.

Not that I’ve seen, I would assume it would be part of the plan though surely. If they want “the biggest crowds” like I’ve seen it suggested they will they’ll need a 40k stadium.

Most likely one of the 15-20k Port Moresby stadiums gets a no frills upgrade to 25-30k.

images

images

images

Looks like plenty of room at any of the above to expand them.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Has there been any mention of a Port Moresby stadium upgrade if they are successful in getting a license? Current stadium has no cover and limited corporate facilities with a capacity of less than 15k.
I'm sure the Australian tax payer will be happy to stump up more millions for a new stadium. Let's throw in a monorail while we're there.

Wb1234

Referee
Not that I’ve seen, I would assume it would be part of the plan though surely. If they want “the biggest crowds” like I’ve seen it suggested they will they’ll need a 40k stadium.

Most likely one of the 15-20k Port Moresby stadiums gets a no frills upgrade to 25-30k.

images

images

images

Looks like plenty of room at any of the above to expand them.
Looks like hbf park

How f**king cooked do you have to be to seriously argue can't expand because it might offend Israel Folau?

No one argued that expansion will offend Folau and must therefore by avoided. You're doing your usual strawman routine so you can heap shit on people because your argument was debunked.

MugaB

Coach
Heap of shit on your folau excuse, correct
It's still dumbfounded that you make even stupider comments ontop of way stupider ones, and yet still find a way top that with every post, congrats potato

I challenge @Canard and @MugaB to quote me saying what they're accusing me of saying. This should be fun as I never said expansion cannot happen because of Folau's feelings.

What I did say is the ARLC would be hypocritical to accept a team from a country that criminalises homosexuality after refusing to sanction any contract between Folau and an NRL club (because he adheres to the Bible's stance on the subject).

You would have to be mentally handicapped to interpret my statement the way @Canard and @MugaB are doing right now.

I have no doubt the losers will fail the task I've set for them, thus proving they're a couple of low quality trolls.

I do see the irony in @MugaB pushing this Pasifika crap after the shitshow at Manly over the pride jersey in 2022. The players who refused to wear the damn jersey were Polynesians who have strong Christian beliefs on homosexuality, similar to Israel Folau. Only on LU could so much cognitive dissonance run rampant.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I challenge @Canard and @MugaB to quote me saying what they're accusing me of saying. This should be fun as I never said expansion cannot happen because of Folau's feelings.

What I did say is the ARLC would be hypocritical to accept a team from a country that criminalises homosexuality after refusing to sanction any contract between Folau and an NRL club (because he adheres to the Bible's stance on the subject).

You would have to be mentally handicapped to interpret my statement the way @Canard and @MugaB are doing right now.

I have no doubt the losers will fail the task I've set for them, thus proving they're a couple of low quality trolls.

I do see the irony in @MugaB pushing this Pasifika crap after the shitshow at Manly over the pride jersey in 2022. The players who refused to wear the damn jersey were Polynesians who have strong Christian beliefs on homosexuality, similar to Israel Folau. Only on LU could so much cognitive dissonance run rampant.

The fact you keep droaning on about this subject vs why a team would be allowed a licence, due to religious beliefs or anti gay elements within any society is f**kn hillarious... do we kick out penrith coz they wear the rusta colors of jamaica, you know coz marijuana is bad lol

The fact you keep droaning on about this subject vs why a team would be allowed a licence, due to religious beliefs or anti gay elements within any society is f**kn hillarious... do we kick out penrith coz they wear the rusta colors of jamaica, you know coz marijuana is bad lol

Just over 12 months ago we had seven Manly players boycott an NRL game over a pride jersey because it infringed upon their religious beliefs.

The last thing the NRL can afford to do is alienate the Polynesian and Melanesian community. Around two-fifths of players are of Polynesian and Melanesian origin. They're devoutly Christian.

Forcing a PNG/Pasifika team to wear a pride jersey in Port Moresby would not be wise. In 1994 an angry mob swarmed to the airport at Port Moresby because a Papuan was reported to not be up to ARL standard. It forced the Cowboys officials who were about to arrive for a promotional tour to abandon it out of concerns for their safety.