What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Png hunters says hello
How many away fans are the Hunters home games drawing?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were zero away fans at most Hunters home games. That wouldn't be the case with NRL games, and I think it's inevitable that there would be issues as a result of that that we don't generally face in Australia or NZ.

That isn't necessarily a reason to deny PNG a team in of it's self, but it would be something that needs to be dealt with if PNG does a get a team. Of course they shouldn't get a team because it makes no commercial sense whatsoever, but that's a separate discussion.

Are you being difficult on purpose, he was clearly talking about the cutters vs hunters match
So we should ignore violence at other games because there wasn't any at the Cutters vs Hunters match?

It would be lovely for PNG RL fans to have a team of their own. I just don't know if it's a justifiable proposition considering 85% of the country doesn't have access to electricity and relies on subsistence farming.

Wouldn't it be better to spend a few hundred million Australian dollars building the infrastructure that's needed to improve living conditions for all Papuans?

Hospitals. Roads. Schools. Plumbing. Dams. Electrical grids.

No point having an NRL team if 85% of people cannot watch it on TV or attend a match.

Wb1234

Referee
How many away fans are the Hunters home games drawing?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were zero away fans at most Hunters home games. That wouldn't be the case with NRL games, and I think it's inevitable that there would be issues as a result of that that we don't generally face in Australia or NZ.

That isn't necessarily a reason to deny PNG a team in of it's self, but it would be something that needs to be dealt with if PNG does a get a team. Of course they shouldn't get a team because it makes no commercial sense whatsoever, but that's a separate discussion.
So no violence when it’s only png locals at hunters games but if Aussies come there will be somehow

all those qld cup teams who visit you would think Aussie family and friends would attend

Centy Coast

Juniors
Wow great story... is there another one from 1994 you'd like to share about angry mobs in wynuum manly
It’s true, my son has close friends who play for Wynnum Manly and Tweed Seagulls and when they travelled to play the Hunters this year they couldn’t believe the security measures they had to follow and the amount of armed guards around them.
They said it wasn’t scary but it was an eye opener for them.

It’s true, my son has close friends who play for Wynnum Manly and Tweed Seagulls and when they travelled to play the Hunters this year they couldn’t believe the security measures they had to follow and the amount of armed guards around them.
They said it wasn’t scary but it was an eye opener for them.

Back in 2015 I went to Kougari Oval to see the Hunters play. One of the Hunters players went to kick a Wynnum player but pulled out at the last second. All of the Papuans started jumping up and down while cheering like nutcases. It was a real eye opener to the cultural differences between Papuans and Australians.

MugaB

Coach
Back in 2015 I went to Kougari Oval to see the Hunters play. One of the Hunters players went to kick a Wynnum player but pulled out at the last second. All of the Papuans started jumping up and down while cheering like nutcases. It was a real eye opener to the cultural differences between Papuans and Australians.
Way Back in 2023 i went to a Newcastle game, and latrell mitchell ebowed a knights player in the head, the souths fans went nuts, such a shame we live in a world where people cheer for violence...
Can you tell us another story dad?

Canard

Immortal
This is probably the worst story ever told on the internet.

And impressively casually racist.

MugaB

Coach
This is probably the worst story ever told on the internet.

And impressively casually racist.
Very impressive, i need more, is there any stories where a whole heap of papuans crash tackle a a guy in a wheel chair, then run off with his wheels, leaving grotd on bricks, dont laugh this happens in Mt Druitt but replace Papuan with Sudanese

Grotd has always been a massive racist, please see dragons move to singapore, coz you know asians love dragons, they put stickers of them everywhere

Last edited: