What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

So most players can come from two states and it’s not an issue

but if all the teams are from those two states it’s the end of the world

never change pr this is bloody hilarious

the Perth dead’s couldn’t ask for a better figurehead

The fact the VRL only has 5,100 registered players would suggest Victorians don't care too much for rugby league, despire having a great team that's propped up by Queenslanders and New South Welshmen.

If what Perth Red said had any truth to it then kids would be running around Melbourne emulating Slater, Cronk, Smith, Munster and Hughes. The fact they still idolise fumbleballers who were born and raised in Melbourne says it all.

Maximus

Coach
How would PNG affect the Storm?

You would have to smoke meth to think that players will choose Port Moresby over Melbourne.

And we know it's not a juniors issue, because PNG hasn't produced any to date, bar Olam

PNG is going to start producing 17 immortals each year when they get a team. It's just them not having an NRL side that has held any of their players back from being good*

*statement does not apply to other locations because that would be inconvenient to my argument

Colk

First Grade
Location is forever

well run comes and goes

panthers are the new reality

clubs with strong juniors will be unbeatable

1. What does your first sentence mean?
2. There are a lot of clubs with strong junior teams who have been mostly ordinary - some of those I have already mentioned.

Tigers have won a few junior competitions in recent seasons. Raiders the same and so have the Knights.

They are not dominating - far from it. The reason is most players don’t make it or if they do make it to first grade they become fringe players. Not every junior star translates to a first grade star player. The Panthers have been lucky that they have stumbled upon a golden generation if you will, same as the Knights, Raiders, Dragons, Broncos, Parramatta before them. That won’t last forever- or extremely unlikely that it will in any case

Wb1234

Referee
1. What does your first sentence mean?
2. There are a lot of clubs with strong junior teams who have been mostly ordinary - some of those I have already mentioned.

Tigers have won a few junior competitions in recent seasons. Raiders the same and so have the Knights.

They are not dominating - far from it. The reason is most players don’t make it or if they do make it to first grade they become fringe players. Not every junior star translates to a first grade star player. The Panthers have been lucky that they have stumbled upon a golden generation if you will, same as the Knights, Raiders, Dragons, Broncos, Parramatta before them. That won’t last forever- or extremely unlikely that it will in any case
If your in an a rugby league area you are always going to have juniors

tigers knights and raiders will get it right

raiders almost won a conp pretty recently

storm are starting to look like a rabble

mongoose

Coach
Yeah right, Dragons with one of the best junior nurseries in the game were unbeatable.
Which teams have been the most successful for the last 20 years? Storm, Roosters and Panthers... only one of those has a strong junior nursery but apparently that's the only thing you need to be successful lol

Wb1234

Referee
Which teams have been the most successful for the last 20 years? Storm, Roosters and Panthers... only one of those has a strong junior nursery but apparently that's the only thing you need to be successful lol
Get back to me when the storm or roosters win another comp

there’s a reason the panthers are the second best rugby league team in history

and unlike the storm or chooks they didn’t go out and buy a comp (cronk) or cheat the cap (storm and probably chooks)

Wb1234

Referee
What makes me laugh is people thinking I hate the storm

I enjoy watching them

I’ve enjoyed watching them for 20 years albeit seeing them lose grand finals to manly and Cronulla was joyous

their ability to spot talent from other areas and clubs is fantastic

I want them to do well

and the job isn’t close to done

they need at least ten percent of their top 30 to come from Victoria

fumbler clubs are doing around 22 percent

mongoose

Coach
Get back to me when the storm or roosters win another comp

there’s a reason the panthers are the second best rugby league team in history

and unlike the storm or chooks they didn’t go out and buy a comp (cronk) or cheat the cap (storm and probably chooks)
so the panthers won some comps with a strong junior nursery, this to you means that only teams with strong local junior nurseries will win comps from now on ? forget the previous 25 years, they meant nothing lol

Wb1234

Referee
so the panthers won some comps with a strong junior nursery, this to you means that only teams with strong local junior nurseries will win comps from now on ? forget the previous 25 years, they meant nothing lol
Storm cheated

so without cheating yeh

roosters got lucky with cronk and now not lucky with Brandon smith

korisau kikau Burton

Didn’t miss a beat

they could lose luai and it won’t be a problem because the production line is there

Maximus

Coach

What's the excuse for Penrith not winning anything from 2004 to 2019?

Also, did Manly cheat/buy premierships?

Centy Coast

Juniors
What's the excuse for Penrith not winning anything from 2004 to 2019?

Also, did Manly cheat/buy premierships?
Manly certainly tried in the 80’s when they signed anybody and everybody, they made plenty of Grand Finals but couldn’t win any.