What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
The money will be coming from the foreign aid budget. It'll redistribute funds from other foreign aid programs that don't provide any meaningful results.

Will LNP want to risk getting on the wrong side of Queenslanders and New South Welshmen?

Or PNG?

Oh god, you are actually delusional enough to think the majority of QLD and NSW would support this.

Colk

First Grade
So Melbourne has culture cause it makes good coffees ?

Even if it’s bogan culture that’s Australia you should be proud

why are so many people from rust belt states moving to qld ?

I literally said that Australian cities are vanilla. You’re jumping at shadows.

But if you are asking if Melbourne is more renowned than Brisbane then yes it would be.

Canard

Immortal
why are so many people from rust belt states moving to qld ?
It's all cyclical, QLD had negative interstate migration prior to Covid.

And in terms of growth and overseas immigration, Brisbane isn't even close currently.

But in the context of RL, both those stats are irrelevant nonsense.

Wb1234

Referee
I literally said that Australian cities are vanilla. You’re jumping at shadows.

But if you are asking if Melbourne is more renowned than Brisbane then yes it would be.
Sydney is one of if not the best city in the world

Melbourne is good for a weekend

Gold Coast and Brisbane have their obvious attractions in addition to being rugby league heartland

I’ve said this before rugby league has the best bits of Australia as it’s heartland

we don’t need the dregs

Wb1234

Referee
I’m not deathriding it. It’ll work for as long as government money is being tipped in but what happens if or when that is no longer the case.

I would have thought that is a pretty valid question
Storm after one hundred million became a powerhouse

png are getting 600 million

and the currency conversion makes a huge difference in png

Maximus

Coach
I’m not deathriding it. It’ll work for as long as government money is being tipped in but what happens if or when that is no longer the case.

I would have thought that is a pretty valid question

There's a good chance it's not even viable with the govt money. It's not getting the full 60m a year, most of that would be going towards education. It's going to have some huge expenses that other teams don't have to worry about, the main one being that they have to travel every single round (and likely have to pay charter flights for the away teams as well).

Colk

First Grade
Sydney is one of if not the best city in the world

Melbourne is good for a weekend

Gold Coast and Brisbane have their obvious attractions in addition to being rugby league heartland

I’ve said this before rugby league has the best bits of Australia as it’s heartland

we don’t need the dregs

Sydney is nowhere near it. If you were travelling to Sydney you wouldn’t go west of Leichhardt (and probably not even that far)

Melbourne is good for a weekend.

Gold Coast and Brisbane are very average.

Adelaide and Perth are underrated but a bit slow and there are nicer places outside it.

Mate none of these places hold a candle to pretty much any European city as well as a fair few cities in the Americas and Asia.

Canard

Immortal
Storm after one hundred million became a powerhouse

png are getting 600 million

and the currency conversion makes a huge difference in png
They aren't getting $60M a year. That is a fact.

And currency conversion? How do you think that helps?

Wb1234

Referee
Sydney is nowhere near it. If you were travelling to Sydney you wouldn’t go west of Leichhardt (and probably not even that far)

Adelaide and Perth are underrated but a bit slow and there are nicer places outside it.

Mate none of these places hold a candle to pretty much any European city as well as a fair few cities in the Americas and Asia.
London and Manchester are dumps just bigger versions of melb

Amsterdam is a total dump

Barcelona has a man made beach and a bull fighting ring

Paris has the culture over Sydney but not harbour

most of the Eastern European cities all look the same the only big advantage is every babe is hot

Dubai maybe for a short visit to see the sights and the cheap hookers

Australia gets millions of tourists a year and their first stop is Sydney then Gold Coast

nobody comes to Australia to visit Melbourne Adelaide or Perth

it’s why I don’t see so much value investing in the worst bits of australia whose cities are full of fumbler fans

we would be targeting the dregs

Colk

First Grade

most of the Eastern European cities all look the same the only big advantage is every babe is hot

Australia gets millions of tourists a year and their first stop is Sydney then Gold Coast

it’s why I don’t see so much value investing in the worst bits of australia whose cities are full of fumbler fans

Ok that’s your opinion. Can’t say I agree with it at all.

mongoose

Coach

As much as I want a Perth side, other than nice beaches Perth is dull as hell. I'll defend Brisbane and say it has a much better CBD than Perth.

Colk

First Grade
There's a good chance it's not even viable with the govt money. It's not getting the full 60m a year, most of that would be going towards education. It's going to have some huge expenses that other teams don't have to worry about, the main one being that they have to travel every single round (and likely have to pay charter flights for the away teams as well).

I guess it depends on how much this money is. I would be confident that they would underwrite it if Albanese and his acolytes are in power but again you’re basing that opinion on him or his cohorts being in power and remaining in power for the duration of that contract.

That’s a fairly big if

Colk

First Grade
As much as I want a Perth side, other than nice beaches Perth is dull as hell. I'll defend Brisbane and say it has a much better CBD than Perth.

I think most places in Australia are pretty dull. You have a nice river I guess

Canard

Immortal

Manchester? Why is that city part of this discussion?

Bukowski

Juniors

So you wanna target PNG instead? All those tourists.....PMSL

Latest posts