What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You have convinced me with those two. I am on the next flight up there 🤣🤣🤣.

You can dolphin or go whale watching in several places across Australia - that’s not unique.

I’ll give you the rainforests (they are great) but that is not Brisbane.

Brisbane is the embodiment of vanilla - it’s simply dull. Again though that’s cities in Australia mate - we don’t have the art, architecture, history and culture of other cities around the world. Brisbane isn’t any different.
biggest Ikea in australia? geez no wonder Logan is such a desirable place lol

Canard

Immortal
Various sources on the Web say the Tempe one in Sydney is the largest

But it's such a meaningless shit weasel of a stat that it's hard to find it out definitively, but more importantly it's irrelevant to RL

Colk

First Grade
Various sources on the Web say the Tempe one in Sydney is the largest

But it's such a meaningless shit weasel of a stat that it's hard to find it out definitively, but more importantly it's irrelevant to RL

I’ll have to stop in when I next go to Sydney.

It’s even got an escalator - how exciting!

Wb1234

Referee
I said our cities are dull. I didn’t say the country was dull. If you go outside the cities, our country is spectacular.

Our geographical isolation - which is a negative when travelling - is also a massive positive for our lifestyle. We are spared from the troubles that occur overseas.
I partied for close to 30 years and it was never dull

maybe it’s you colkie

Colk

First Grade
I partied for close to 30 years and it was never dull

maybe it’s you colkie

That’s not the place though is it, that’s you partying.

I have gone drinking at every Australian city but they are dull. It’s ok to admit that Australian cities aren’t particularly interesting or exciting.

Maximus

Coach
  • Australia's largest airport in terms of capacity

So largest by capacity, and apparently everyone wants to visit there, but pre-Covid the numbers were

Sydney - 40-44 million passengers per year
Melbourne - 35-38 million
Brisbane - 20-24 million

Post covid numbers in Sydney and Melbourne in 2022 were still bigger than any single year Brisbane has ever had.

Oh and Sydney handles nearly half the freight coming into Australia as well.

Sounds like all of that capacity is going to waste.

Colk

First Grade
So largest by capacity, and apparently everyone wants to visit there, but pre-Covid the numbers were

Sydney - 40-44 million passengers per year
Melbourne - 35-38 million
Brisbane - 20-24 million

Post covid numbers in Sydney and Melbourne in 2022 were still bigger than any single year Brisbane has ever had.

Oh and Sydney handles nearly half the freight coming into Australia as well.

Sounds like all of that capacity is going to waste.

Well Sydney has needed a second major airport for a long time. Thank god they are finally doing it.

Either way listing the airport as one of the major attractions is probably not a good sign for a city.

Bukowski

Juniors
Well Sydney has needed a second major airport for a long time. Thank god they are finally doing it.

Either way listing the airport as one of the major attractions is probably not a good sign for a city.
In his efforts to show how vibrant a city Brisbane is he really painted it as very boring.

jim_57

Staff member
I don’t think nrl players have much problem affording property in Sydney like some plebs

The cream of the crop no. The minimum wage guys or even the ones on a bit more would have a hard time getting a loan for $1m+ in today’s environment I’d imagine. Especially with short contracts and no guarantees of getting a new NRL contract once their current one is up.

mongoose

Coach
That’s not the place though is it, that’s you partying.

I have gone drinking at every Australian city but they are dull. It’s ok to admit that Australian cities aren’t particularly interesting or exciting.
Australian cities are all relatively nice places. They are clean, safe and have decent amenities but they aren't that exciting for tourists. There are many worse cities in the world though, not just in poor countries either. The UK has some pretty bleak places, ever been to Birmingham? The US has some amazingly dull cities too, Dallas, Phoenix even LA is a mostly ugly shit hole.

Colk

First Grade
Australian cities are all relatively nice places. They are clean, safe and have decent amenities but they aren't that exciting for tourists. There are many worse cities in the world though, not just in poor countries either. The UK has some pretty bleak places, ever been to Birmingham? The US has some amazingly dull cities too, Dallas, Phoenix even LA is a mostly ugly shit hole.

Yeah Birmingham is bleak. I don’t like LA and San Francisco was fairly ordinary.

You are right about Australian cities being safe and relatively clean.

You have convinced me with those two. I am on the next flight up there 🤣🤣🤣.

You can dolphin or go whale watching in several places across Australia - that’s not unique.

I’ll give you the rainforests (they are great) but that is not Brisbane.

Brisbane is the embodiment of vanilla - it’s simply dull. Again though that’s cities in Australia mate - we don’t have the art, architecture, history and culture of other cities around the world. Brisbane isn’t any different.
We have our own culture and it shits all over the rest of the world. Aussie humour is much funnier than the sterile crap that comes out of America. England ain't too bad, but it's not as edgy. Barry Humphries and Kevin Bloody Wilson are the funniest blokes that have ever lived.

Steve Irwin is a household name around the world, despite being dead for 17 years. He did more to get kids interested in conserving wildlife than the "cultured" Europeans and Americans.

Aussie lingo has taken the world by storm. The term "selfie" was invented in Australia. It's now used worldwide.

Greater Brisbane does have forests. Mount Nebo and Mount Glorious are in the City of Moreton Bay. There's more bushland on the south side, too. Down here in Logan there's plenty of bushland and wetlands.

No country has a greater array of unique fauna and flora than Australia.

Sydney has the biggest Fantastic furniture store in the world
They are champion 💪
Perth dominates the handbags market
Perth has the world's largest Centrelink and drug rehabilitation clinic.

Ikea's Superstore at Springwood was the largest in the southern hemisphere at the time it was constructed.

When constructed, this was the largest IKEA store in the Southern Hemisphere.

Last edited: