What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Vlad59

Bench
My preference for Perth is based on the following:

Provides games for unpopular time spots in Sydney and Brisbane
Strong Government support
Solid Rugby league history
A good (not brilliant) available ground
(Very) strong potential for sponsorship.
Good structured in place.
A great model (Storm) to work off.
It’s genuine expansion.
It provides access to a new player pool.
it represents our first opportunity to grow in a market dominated by your opposition. They won’t want this.

The argument against appears to be fear of risk and whatever happened in Superleague over 25 years ago.

Toughen up lads.Perth is the go.

Wb1234

Immortal
My preference for Perth is based on the following:

Provides games for unpopular time spots in Sydney and Brisbane
Strong Government support
Solid Rugby league history
A good (not brilliant) available ground
(Very) strong potential for sponsorship.
Good structured in place.
A great model (Storm) to work off.
It’s genuine expansion.
It provides access to a new player pool.
it represents our first opportunity to grow in a market dominated by your opposition. They won’t want this.

The argument against appears to be fear of risk and whatever happened in Superleague over 25 years ago.

Toughen up lads.Perth is the go.
Storm are a great model to work off ?

lmao

Vlad59

Bench
Storm are a great model to work off ?

lmao
My research shows they are yes. What does yours show?

Growth in participation
Growth in membership (fwiw)
Growth in crowds
Growth in sponsorship
Growth in profile for the game in a very sticky market
Recognised nationally as one of Australia’s biggest sporting brands
Success on field
Growth in pathways development
Success (now) in underage Sydney comps

Over to you. See if you can keep it relevant to the last 5 years.

Wb1234

Immortal

Brisbane shouldn’t have any more teams
@
My research shows they are yes. What does yours show?

Growth in participation
Growth in membership (fwiw)
Growth in crowds
Growth in sponsorship
Growth in profile for the game in a very sticky market
Recognised nationally as one of Australia’s biggest sporting brands
Success on field
Growth in pathways development
Success (now) in underage Sydney comps

Over to you. See if you can keep it relevant to the last 5 years.
no tv ratings in Melbourne
No juniors
Cheated the cap
Cheated the rules by bringing in wrestling

Vlad59

Bench
@

no tv ratings in Melbourne
No juniors
Cheated the cap
Cheated the rules by bringing in wrestling
There you go .
1. Absolutely wrong. Of course there are ratings. And yes they’re could be better. But it’s growing market.
2. Absolutely wrong. Do some research.
3. Get over it ffs.
4. Absolutely wrong. They worked within the rules and every club followed them.

That’s a big chip on your shoulder mate.

Canard

Immortal
High and growing profits are a sign of unsatisfied demand for the good or service produced
The Broncos were grand finalists, only 2 seasons after being spooners. That's the reason for the uplift.

Unsatisfied demand would be more then 32k in a 55k stadium. Despite being the most popular club in the comp, there crowds are only on par with the Lions.

This is embarrassing for our game

Vlad59

Bench
High and growing profits are a sign of unsatisfied demand for the good or service produced
Hahaha tickle me pink. The dolphins have been there one year. It’s a great success so you consolidate it while growing new markets. Are you an afl 5th columnist or something? The afl just loves people like you.

Maximus

Coach
It was reported in the media you idiot.

The Brisbane Lions, who have the competition’s largest debt, will retain a similar level of funding to 2022, a total of more than $18 million, and will rank third on the funding table, narrowly ahead of North Melbourne.​
The Brisbane Lions still owe more than $13 million to either the AFL or their bank, but made a sizeable profit last year and have recovered strongly from the COVID-19 pandemic period.​

Their annual report mentions their debt, too.

Unlike you, I don't need to have some article tell me what to think.

Maximus

Coach
I've never said a team should be based in my suburb. The fact you repeat this lie without providing any evidence proves you're just a troll. @Canard, if you Like this idiot's posts when he tells blatant lies then you're no better than him.

As a BRL fan my only obligation is to support the best interest of the BRL clubs. You want to kill the BRL clubs altogether and expect me to join your stupid crusade. Go f**k yourself.

Unlike you, I'm not interested in killing off rugby league, but didn't your BRL team already die off? Shows why your suburb shouldn't have a team.

Canard

Immortal
We can't with a straight face claim RL demand is through the roof in Brisbane when one of the team plays home games in a 10,000 Park footy ground.

mongoose

Coach
It's Human nature.

If the Panthers were punted then how many of their fans would continue to watch the game?

Plenty of Sydney RL fans left the game during the Super League War.

If Hull KR was dissolved then your interest in the Super League would dry up.

You're telling rugby league fans from Brisbane to to go without so a city that hates the game can have a team that isn't wanted nor needed. You want the Queensland Cup to die, too. If you think traditional BRL fans will support your vision for the game then you're as crazy as a cut snake.

who are these Brisbane rugby league fans going without, you?

You act like there are thousands of disenfranchised BRL fans expecting their club to be promoted to the NRL or something. There's probably more Storm fans in SEQLD than Easts Tigers fans lol

Wb1234

Immortal
There you go .
1. Absolutely wrong. Of course there are ratings. And yes they’re could be better. But it’s growing market.
2. Absolutely wrong. Do some research.
3. Get over it ffs.
4. Absolutely wrong. They worked within the rules and every club followed them.

That’s a big chip on your shoulder mate.
Show evidence of growth in tv ratings lmao
How many storm first graders were developed in Victoria over the past 26 years ?

mongoose

Coach
Dolphins say hello

The vast majority of Dolphins fans and I mean current season members and those regularly attending games at Suncorp, I doubt were following them when they were just a QLD cup side. Most QLD cup sides would get attendances in the hundreds most weekends. Dolphins Leagues might have about 50k members or so but they are not following the team.

Vlad59

Bench
Show evidence of growth in tv ratings lmao
How many storm first graders were developed in Victoria over the past 26 years ?
1. Ratings - I never said they had grown so don’t put words in my mouth. That’s a straw man argument. And we can’t find out what the ratings are as we don’t have access to fox data. But we do know that on fta there is a big audience for big rugby league games in Victoria. The storms profile has definitely contributed to that.
2. Do some research and educate yourself about the pathways growing in Victoria. Stop being so obstinate and negative. The players are coming through.
3. It’s clear you have a really negative agenda with regard to the Storm. Well sadly for you they exist and are flourishing. That’s why you only focus on the negative. And that’s unhealthy.

Vlad59

Bench
The vast majority of Dolphins fans and I mean current season members and those regularly attending games at Suncorp, I doubt were following them when they were just a QLD cup side. Most QLD cup sides would get attendances in the hundreds most weekends. Dolphins Leagues might have about 50k members or so but they are not following the team.
That’s spot on but wasted on this lad.