What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Canard

Immortal
You don't have to be in Townsville to support the Cowboys. There are Cowboys fans in Brisbane. They exist all over Queensland.

The Cowboys have functioned on a small population for decades. The population growth that's happening outside of SEQ is only going to help them.
Of course, but people in Toowoomba and Hervey Bay aren't exactly going to gravite to NQ.

All of Qld growth is in SEQ.

Canard

Immortal
Regardless of how far away everyone is towards each other the fact is they travel to reach Townsville to watch the games from all around, if this was suggested as a new team now, with it not existing back in 95, people here would laud it down as not a viable option ahead the likes of Perth, Adelaide, nz2 and a 4th SEQ team, mainly due to its isolation and that Townsville population is upto ..what 300k
But it's luckily very supported and people genuinely make the effort to rally with them...
Townsville is about 175k.

MugaB

Coach
But you and your stoner mates think adding another team in NQ is a great idea?
No I never said that, I was merely pointing out that there's more desirable areas that could easily field a team with more population to garner than that of Townsville.. whatever the stoner guys and you are arguing is beyond me

Canard

Immortal
No I never said that, I was merely pointing out that there's more desirable areas that could easily field a team with more population to garner than that of Townsville.. whatever the stoner guys and you are arguing is beyond me
So you agree that two NRL teams in NQ is a dumb idea?