What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Iamback

Coach
You guys have deadset gone too far the rabbit hole if you think the NRL are signing off on an Easts or Norths quasi Pacific Island team.

It’s a dream and it’s not even a good one.

You need the corporate and junior structure that comes with an established Bris or Syd club

Iamback

Coach
Depends how many home games they play in png doesn’t it

as much as I want the bears back easts tigers dwarfs them financially so that’s my preference

more Brisbane games for tv is something tv networks will cream themselves over

Right now PNG can't sustain a fulltime team.

A CoE in the Country with a junior program feeding into the Hunters and Easts/Bears is a great start.

Can always re-assess later

Wb1234

Referee
I love how people finallly accept a PNG team is a batsht crazy idea, so somehow try to make it more plausible by creating a Frankenstein's monster of a club by bolting on Brisbane or Sydney. So Rugba League
You quoted the comments by vlandys himself discussing it

nobody suggested it till our revered leader did

up the dose on those meds buddy

Dragonwest

Juniors
I can't see the NRL playing one normal round match out of Australia or New Zealand.

Any matches for a PNG & Pacifica associated team in those areas would be for preseason only

And on it goes.

A quasi Brisbane or North Sydney Pacifica/PNG team is so bizzare that it is the most unintelligent idea to have ever graced a discussion around expansion.

It is so ridiculous, not even the NRL will be stupid enough to give it any more credit than it needs to create a story.

So stupid an idea it makes the laughable, Cairns based PNG team sound like a good idea.

In fact, it is so moronic, we will sooner see the NRL start a new team in Centennial Park called South Eastern Foxes in order to build an instant rivalry with the Roosters and the Bunnies.

Canard

Immortal
And on it goes.

A quasi Brisbane or North Sydney Pacifica/PNG team is so bizzare that it is the most unintelligent idea to have ever graced a discussion around expansion.

It is so ridiculous, not even the NRL will be stupid enough to give it any more credit than it needs to create a story.

So stupid an idea it makes the laughable, Cairns based PNG team sound like a good idea.

In fact, it is so moronic, we will sooner see the NRL start a new team in Centennial Park called South Eastern Foxes in order to build an instant rivalry with the Roosters and the Bunnies.

Yep, all these PNG ideas are not only the stupidest idea in RL history, but close to dumbest most poorly thought out idea in Australian sporting history.

Pneuma

First Grade
And on it goes.

Tell us what you really think!

Iamback

Coach
Yep, all these PNG ideas are not only the stupidest idea in RL history, but close to dumbest most poorly thought out idea in Australian sporting history.

You said Dolphins were too
And Vegas.

Any bid coming in has huge gaps in things like development, Commerical viability and so on.

IF the bid is going to be Australian based. Linking up with a club that can help is bonus.

Money and pathways aren't issues for Brisbane Easts or the Bears but location is.

Take Brisbane Easts, Their $25m bid + Australian and PNG government money is a huge start to get a schools program going in PNG.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
And Vegas.

Any bid coming in has huge gaps in things like development, Commerical viability and so on.

IF the bid is going to be Australian based. Linking up with a club that can help is bonus.

Money and pathways are issues for Brisbane Easts or the Bears but location is.

Take Brisbane Easts, Their $25m bid + Australian and PNG government money is a huge start to get a schools program going in PNG.
Absolutely this

Canard

Immortal
And Vegas.

Money and pathways aren't issues for Brisbane Easts or the Bears but location is.

No I didn't you f**king lying imbecile.

Find one post, like one post the were I said this you massive f**kwit.

I was always 100% in support of Redcliffe and was one of the few, if only, that said before round 1, that the media was way off by there claim that their roster was weak. And I've always laughed at clowns that claimed they're weren't a big Brisbane club.

Screenshot_20230609_180000_Chrome.jpg

But I wouldn't expect anything but lies from the forum jerk off like you and that massive hand job @Wb1234.

You two, couldn't lie straight in bed.

You're mentally deficient if you think RL is played at "school" in any significant capacity in PNG.

Iamback

Coach

I was always 100% in support of Redcliffe and was one of the few, if only, that said before round 1, that the media was way off by there claim that their roster was weak. And I've always laughed at clowns that claimed they're weren't a big Brisbane club.

View attachment 75311

But I wouldn't expect anything but lies from the forum jerk off like you and that massive hand job @Wb1234.

You're mentally deficient if you think RL is played at "school" in any significant capacity in PNG.

Where did I say it was played in schools right now?

To that same notion, None of the new areas the game should go is in schools.

So do we wait for all areas to have a decent school system?

Only expand into NSW/QLD

Or partner up with help for tha

Hence why partnering up with another club that can assist with that short term is being mentioned. As long as the licence was awarded to the area then it can become a fulltime team when it is setup

As for the anti Dolphins posts. Reading back it seems you were attacking relevant articles not so much the Dolphins.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade

View attachment 75311

*waits for rebuttal. "

Latest posts