What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We've got the makings of a good competition as we are finally agreeing on things.
Manly, Cronulla, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra out leaves
5 teams in Sydney.
2 extra teams in Brisbane Equals
5 teams in SE Queensland
2 teams in Nth Queensland
2 teams in Melbourne
2 teams in New Zealand
2 teams in Perth
Everywhere Bears
Western Pasifika Porcupines.
Edit: forgot the merged Canberra Newcastle team

5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21 team competition.

Now we just have to work out if we have 3 conferences or 7.

MugaB

Coach
We've got the makings of a good competition as we are finally agreeing on things.
Manly, Cronulla, Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra out leaves
5 teams in Sydney.
2 extra teams in Brisbane Equals
5 teams in SE Queensland
2 teams in Nth Queensland
2 teams in Melbourne
2 teams in New Zealand
2 teams in Perth
Everywhere Bears
Western Pasifika Porcupines.
Edit: forgot the merged Canberra Newcastle team

5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21 team competition.

Now we just have to work out if we have 3 conferences or 7.
Can't leave out manly they worked hard to keep that licence away from the everywhere bears, gotta give them that... just kick out souffs again...
#Lol@Souffs

MugaB

Coach
Balmain for Penrith as was going to happen in 98
FmD get over that we've had this discussion like months ago, you can't calculate

Troll dun bad...

Still waiting on the equation...
Just admit you can't count... and we'll leave it at that..
Otherwise this will just drag on for pages and days...
I like your posts generally WB, a little sydney bias, but generally funny... but today you messed up, ive called you on your bluff, and am now awaiting how you think the criteria ranking differ if balmain don't merge

The final rankings were:
Dragons/Steelers merge, so they got the free pass

1 Brisbane,
2 Newcastle,
3 Melbourne,
4 Canterbury,
5 Cronulla,
6 Sydney Roosters,
7 Parramatta,
8 North Queensland,
9 Auckland,
10 Canberra,
11 Manly,
12 Penrith,
13 Balmain,

Regardless of any mergers these guys get cut

14 North Sydney
15 Western Suburbs,
16 South Sydney.

Now if norths and souths merged aswell as the wests/tigers then you have a case, but they didn't

Last edited:
How does Nth QLD cover Rockhampton for example with its 80k population over 700kms from Townsville?
North Queensland catchment extends from Mackay to FNQ and west to Mt Isa.

Rockhampton is in the middle of no where and has been neglected at all levels for 25 years. The Capras are finally getting some aid thanks to the Dolphins' introduction to the NRL.

if your stance is to be anti-perth just to irk PR, then your opinions on expansion aren't worth shit.
People like me stir up Perth Rat by shitting on Perth's bid, but that's not the sold reason we do it.

I cannot speak for others, but I focus on Perth's flaws because most people on here, especially you, choose to overlook its deficiencies and exaggerate its purported benefits.

If the sole reason for choosing Perth over bids from other markets is because it's a market of 2m that's unrepresented in fumbleball heartland then it's a weak and very immature argument. The bid has to be financially stable because, unlike AwFuL, the ARLC doesn't have a variable funding scheme to bail out expansion projects when they fall on hard times. That's not an "AFL troll" statement, either. Money talks.

It's also fair to factor in what the game's commercial partners want from expansion. None of the game's broadcast partners have endorsed Perth. I've shown you the ratings across the various markets to back up my position. I've also shown you a statement from Simon Fordham, Head of Strategy WWOS. Your response is to mock him and take his words out of context because they don't suit your position.

Canard

Immortal
The Capras being 12th out of 15 teams, doesn't seem like the "success story" it's being sold as.

And is that really the "best thing that's happened" to the QRL in years????

Santino Patane

Juniors
The Capras being 12th out of 15 teams, doesn't seem like the "success story" it's being sold as.

And is that really the "best thing that's happened" to the QRL in years????
1 game from the GF last year, and this year they are not a guaranteed 50 point win for other teams like they had been for a long time, so yeah I do think they’re much more competitive for their partnership with the Dolphins.

MugaB

Coach
1 game from the GF last year, and this year they are not a guaranteed 50 point win for other teams like they had been for a long time, so yeah I do think they’re much more competitive for their partnership with the Dolphins.
Helps when you got nrl grade players dropping in every few weeks, before then I can't remember if they were ever a feeder team for any 1st grade side

Santino Patane

Juniors
Helps when you got nrl grade players dropping in every few weeks, before then I can't remember if they were ever a feeder team for any 1st grade side
They have had partnerships with the Cows and Donkeys, but it would have been 10-15 years since they finished up…

When I actively followed the Queensland Cup the Capras were anchored to the bottom of the ladder and got 50 put on them almost every week. I saw them cop some massive floggings at Kougari Oval over the years.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
My 'assertion' hasn't been scrutinised at all.

You don't understand what diminishing returns means and you're too lazy to look it up yourself, so instead you filled the gap with what you thought it meant, i.e. created a strawman, and "scrutinised" that instead.

Furthermore it isn't "my" anything. It's an economic theory that's a fundamental principle of economics, hence why it's called a f**king law. It's basically as close as you can get to a universal truth using the scientific method, and if you have a problem with that you should take it up with the economists, not me.
For some reason I read your long rants in Grandpa Simpson's voice 🤣🤣

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
A point the NRL is arguably already at in Brisbane/SEQ, or at least near enough that it makes no difference.

You're also not taking other factors unique to a franchise sports league business into account, like that the cost and return on investment is different in different markets as a singular example.
No where f**king near it.

2022 members 30k
2024 members 80k