What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

the only way it works is a Swans style total relocation where the original club has no say in the running of it.

Everything Ive heard from the Bears suggests they would never allow that. I sense Cumins feels the same as well.

Make no mistake from NSFC point of view this isnt about getting the Bears brand back into the NRL, its about North Sydney seeing a way to get back into the NRL, thats a massive difference and why I and many others here have severe reservations about the idea. If they just handed the brand over and had no say in running of club, just provided an east coast pathway system then happy days. But I highly doubt that is on their agenda.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. How can they hand the club over to people who have never ran a club in their life? C’mon mate you think Dolphins just said “let’s get into the NRL and have people who know nothing about running a rugby league organisation run the joint”.

Think McFly, Think.

The real question is which of the business people who know how to run a club is going to relocate fulltime to Perth. I dare say if this goes ahead the current Bears ceo will bow out and there will need to be a new ceo chosen from a new board of people - with 70% WA based and 30% Norths based. I state that percentage so all the big decisions will always be in favour of WA and territory to keep people like you happy and use tin foil for kitchen purposes and not for hats.

Bukowski

Juniors
How is that a fair comparison? Tigers and Wests were two organisations that become one. However never really integrated with eachother properly.

However this is a club/organisation that physically exists - trying to move their operations to a new locations where nothing exists. A few business men with grand vision sure, a parttime WARL board probably but what else?

Think of it as a house relocation. Already built but now in a nice new area. It’s your house now, doesn’t matter who originally built it.
So fully owned and run Norths?

Bukowski

Juniors
Wrong, wrong, wrong. How can they hand the club over to people who have never ran a club in their life? C’mon mate you think Dolphins just said “let’s get into the NRL and have people who know nothing about running a rugby league organisation run the joint”.

Think McFly, Think.

The real question is which of the business people who know how to run a club is going to relocate fulltime to Perth. I dare say if this goes ahead the current Bears ceo will bow out and there will need to be a new ceo chosen from a new board of people - with 70% WA based and 30% Norths based. I state that percentage so all the big decisions will always be in favour of WA and territory to keep people like you happy and use tin foil for kitchen purposes and not for hats.
So a split board. Just like Wests balmain. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Think McFly, Think.

lol thats what you employ a ceo and a management team for. Get the right people in the right places. The board are their for governance and strategy, successful business people can do that.

Its clear from the interview this week what NS plans are and tbh it has every potential to be a major clusterfck.

He said: 'We will move over there and Im sure there are some WA people who would like to be involved". WTF?

At this point in time my fingers are crossed the Cumins consortium can tick all the boxes and we can be celebrating the WC Pirates being announced as club 19.

lol thats what you employ a ceo and a management team for. Get the right people in the right places. The board are their for governance and strategy, successful business people can do that.

Its clear from the interview this week what NS plans are and tbh it has every potential to be a major clusterfck.

He said: 'We will move over there and Im sure there are some WA people who would like to be involved". WTF?

At this point in time my fingers are crossed the Cumins consortium can tick all the boxes and we can be celebrating the WC Pirates being announced as club 19.
Anything has potential to be a clusterf**k without the proper preparation but understanding that a Dolphins model is working and that’s what the NRL have openly suggested that they want to see vs. a new model with unknown factor being a massive risk - this point would be the best place for you to start in your journey of understanding things a bit better.

Until then I don’t see a point in continuing going for tit for tat with you. You don’t get what I’m saying no matter how simplified I lay it on for you, that’s your loss. We can continue to fight for our own visions.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anything has potential to be a clusterf**k without the proper preparation but understanding that a Dolphins model is working and that’s what the NRL have openly suggested that they want to see vs. a new model with unknown factor being a massive risk - this point would be the best place for you to start in your journey of understanding things a bit better.

Until then I don’t see a point in continuing going for tit for tat with you. You don’t get what I’m saying no matter how simplified I lay it on for you, that’s your loss. We can continue to fight for our own visions.
like a lot of bears people you seem to be under some misapprehension that Perth cant be a success or even happen without the Bears. From what Cumins has said Id say thats probably untrue.

Id rather a clusterfck happened at our own hands than due to a sydney club totally misreading the room. A fifo NS Bears wont work, I can tell you that for nothing. Perth wont accept them and it will get very ugly.

Best chance for a marriage to work is WA to own it and NS be an important part of the jigsaw in player development and growing an east coast fanbase for the WA club, not in running it and dictating what's best for WA.

Centy Coast

Juniors
If it did happen I can’t imagine Sydney clubs tolerating the bears throwing their weight around in the Sydney market given the congestion already there. They’d expect it to be a WA side first and foremost.
Bears Chairman Daniel Dickson said yesterday that the side would would be based in WA.
We have until 2030 to work out the rest of these logistics, let’s just get a team first, make it happen, and make it work, ffs.
I’ve never heard so many negative nellies, you guys have been crying out for a team for years but now it needs to be under this circumstance and that circumstance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bears Chairman Daniel Dickson said yesterday that the side would would be based in WA.
We have until 2030 to work out the rest of these logistics, let’s just get a team first, make it happen, and make it work, ffs.
I’ve never heard so many negative nellies, you guys have been crying out for a team for years but now it needs to be under this circumstance and that circumstance.
We need a team to deliver the best outcomes for the game here, not just anything because we want an NRL club. Losing the Reds very nearly killed 50 years of game history here, literally a few clubs held on by skin of their teeth. We can not afford to get this wrong for the sake of the game in WA.

I honestly dont give a sht about NS Bears, but if that is the best option for a successful WA club then so be it. Not much I have heard so far is giving me much confidence though that it will deliver a truly WA club for WA people. it seems to be all about how great it would be to get NS Bears back in the top flight.

mongoose

Coach
people don't trust the Bears, probably because they have put themselves forward for every town, city, village and hamlet in the country. You have to wonder how serious they are about building a club and new fanbase outside of Sydney....

Latest posts