What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
To be fair to Raiders - after 25 years they realised they are no longer a recruitment club because no one that is fair dinkum wants to move to the ACT. So instead they are doing now what they should have always been doing - investing heavily into their pathways. I tip my hat to them.

I don’t think they’re that far off - maybe a couple of years but once it all clicks they’ll push for premierships again.

Problem will then be keeping that side together after those kids have been living in Canberra for a few years and as a result their soul has slightly withered away. I’m sure that’s when Uncle Nick will wine and dine them - suddenly the surprise to those players that there’s more to coffee than just a tin of international roast mixed with some moderately clean luke warm water will entice them to move away.
Yet Canberra has a team.
You've got a worthless petition and overarching failure.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Look again love

Stop embarrassing yourself with your lack of comprehension skills
The question you asked is directed at your fellow dope I have on ignore.

Unless you asked a question on another thread. Which I have no idea about because unlike your obsession with me I don't give a flying f**k about what you're posting love.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The question you asked is directed at your fellow dope I have on ignore.

Unless you asked a question on another thread. Which I have no idea about because unlike your obsession with me I don't give a flying f**k about what you're posting love.
The question is open to all.
Check the context.

if you’ve got someone on ignore, why do you think it was directed at someone directly? Surely it was directed at someone you have on ignore, you wouldn’t see it at all?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The question is open to all.
Check the context.

if you’ve got someone on ignore, why do you think it was directed at someone directly? Surely it was directed at someone you have on ignore, you wouldn’t see it at all?
Are you seriously this stupid?
Put me on ignore and you'll see how that function works.

No one is going to answer your question love because its possibly the dopiest question ever.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Since Covid the Titans crowds have been much better than the Suns

Titans ave 15,919
Suns ave 11,487
Yes they have. I am not saying the Suns are going well either. The game should be expecting more from the Titans than simply being in front of the Suns.

There are not more people playing competitive AR than league on the Gold Coast. That is utter rubbish. It’s easy to find why I’m right. Don’t quote fumbler stats. Go look at the respective comps on their websites. It’s not even close. Add to this last year titans averaged 19500 and the suns under 14000. Try again
I take your point - I had a look at the U15s when I posted and AFL was ahead, but looking again I see that the AFL only have u11s/U13s/U15s.

Still, you are wrong. It is close.

Looking at Play HQ, using U15s as an example, there are 26 AFL teams on the GC. 26 x 18 players = 468

Play Rugby League has 38 teams when you combine U14 & U15s. 38 x 13 players = 494

If you include their 16 x U15 girls teams, the AFL is actually in front In that and most other age groups. Are the girls playing tag?

My point stands, the NRL may be marginally in front, but why are we judging the Titans by how well the Suns are going? The Suns are crap. Titans should still be doing much better on and off the paddock. They are crap as well.

flippikat

Bench
Brisbane Tigers have said from the start they're willing to wait for the 20th licence.
Got to remember that Redcliffe played the long game too - lawyer-ing up to stop the Gold Coast bid from using the name "Gold Coast Dolphins" in the mid 2000s, as they had designs on their own NRL team at some (as then undetermined) stage.

I'd say if Brisbane Easts (alone, or in conjunction with others - even other Brisbane clubs as potential feeders) keep their proposal on the NRL's desk then they have a good chance when everything aligns for another Brisbane/SEQ team.

Even if it's a while away.

Yet Canberra has a team.
You've got a worthless petition and overarching failure.
Yes mate, that’s all it is. :)

I’m happy to have provided an extension to your vocabulary by the way. Keep coming back here and eventually you might learn many other big words that one day you might even be able to put together in a sentence that isn’t dribble. Very good Greeno, very good.