What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Nah. Nice rant though.

The reality is I see through clowns like yourself straight away and tell you the truth. Its ok, most people don't like being told the truth about themselves because they have a bloated, unrealistic view of themselves and their importance.

Remain angry and detached from reality, it suits you.

Doing some self reflection I see. Were you looking dead straight into a mirror when you wrote this?
Seek help Greeno https://mensline.org.au/

Bukowski

Juniors
I'm sure this is how the backers are looking at things.
Back on topic, if the Perth side want to be team 18 they should steer clear of the bears.

They are a failed club who will stop at nothing to play at NSO and wear the 'scary' bear logo. It will end in failure because failure is all the bears know.

Go on your own and leave the bears with the zero options they deserve.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Back on topic, if the Perth side want to be team 18 they should steer clear of the bears.

They are a failed club who will stop at nothing to play at NSO and wear the 'scary' bear logo. It will end in failure because failure is all the bears know.

Go on your own and leave the bears with the zero options they deserve.
Who knows 🤷, the struggling Brisbane Bears took over the decades long basket case that was Fitzroy. They had a premiership within 5 years, 3 with 7.
Sure club cultures and narratives exist, but too often its mere superstition.

*I'll support the Perth Bears if it comes to that. Atm I'm remaining cautious till more details are revealed. I prefer the Bears mascot over the Pirate

Bukowski

Juniors
Who knows 🤷, the struggling Brisbane Bears took over the decades long basket case that was Fitzroy. They had a premiership within 5 years, 3 with 7.

*I'll support the Perth Bears if it comes to that. Atm I'm remaining cautious till more details are revealed. I prefer the Bears mascot over the Pirate
Were the lions and swans current VFL/AFL clubs when they relocated/ merged to Sydney and Brisbane?

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Yes, but does it matter?
I'm referring to club cultures, not player lists at a given time. The Bears club and brand is still living and breathing.

I'm not advocating for the Perth Bears, merely that a legacy of mediocrity isn't eternal.

Bukowski

Juniors
Yes, but does it matter?
I'm referring to club cultures, not player lists at a given time. The Bears club and brand is still living and breathing.

I'm not advocating for the Perth Bears, merely that a legacy of mediocrity isn't eternal.
Fair enough, I'm just not up to speed with those mergers. I think a current brand in the NRL would hold more currency than a NSW Cup brand.

Didn't AwFuL provide Brisbane Lions with salary cap dispensations back then?

Wb1234

Referee
Time for your weekly AA meeting you stupid old drunk.

Your posts are as dumb as dogshit and you belong in the loony bin.

Life must be boring in Tasmania. It's the place drunks escape to when they've been disowned by their family for being a loser who cannot control their addiction.
W
Didn't AwFuL provide Brisbane Lions with salary cap dispensations back then?
huge ones

Matt_CBY

Juniors
They began as the Coorparoo Bengals in 1917, then merged with the original Wynnum Manly club to become the Eastern Suburbs District Tigers in 1933.

The club does have four junior clubs in Logan. Rochedale, Springwood, Flagstone and Yarrabilba

Coorparoo isn’t in the South West corridor either though, is it?

Coorparoo isn’t in the South West corridor either though, is it?
Tigers were created when SEQ was much smaller in size. The area I'm living in now was bushland 50 years ago. Now it has the Springwood Tigers and Rochedale Tigers. Both junior clubs for the Brisbane Tigers. The Brisbane Lions have their social club here too, despite being based in Wolloongabba.

yes because only the Brisbane Lions and Perth NRL team has crowds affected by form...
Did anyone say no clubs are impacted by poor form?

If you're arguing that all clubs are equal and impacted the same way then you're full of shit. Well established clubs with a loyal fanbase don’t lose as much active support during lean times as teams from non-traditional expansion markets. Don't take my word for it. Go look at the attendances for the Lions and Swans when they have a poor season. Then compare them to the Bombers, Magpies or Eagles when they're losing. More importantly, look at their annual reports to see how much money they make when they're at the bottom of the ladder.

Centy Coast

Juniors
dont forget all the big names he knows
Compared to ?, oh watching rugby league from your couch and being an expert ?, interested how many on here have actually been involved in rugby league, played the game ?, coached a team ?, been President of a Club ?, been involved with representative teams ?.
Or a just fanboys with an over inflated opinion, makes me just shake my head.

Compared to ?, oh watching rugby league from your couch and being an expert ?, interested how many on here have actually been involved in rugby league, played the game ?, coached a team ?, been President of a Club ?, been involved with representative teams ?.
Or a just fanboys with an over inflated opinion, makes me just shake my head.
sorry mate im a nobody compared to you but have managed all of the above

Latest posts