What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Just wanted to point out that the Illawarra region extends a long way past Wollongong, and includes both the Wollongong and Sth Coast competitions.

Down to Ulladulla from memory
Technically now the Illawarra finishes at Kiama, which is a fair way past Wollongong.
The real Gong, Gerringong is now part of Shoalhaven, and having spent a great deal of my life in the area, and my family live there, Shoalhaven people do not associate with Illawarraites.
But I am being technical.
Historically the Shoalhaven associate themselves more with the Sharks then the Drags, but history does change

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Technically now the Illawarra finishes at Kiama, which is a fair way past Wollongong.
The real Gong, Gerringong is now part of Shoalhaven, and having spent a great deal of my life in the area, and my family live there, Shoalhaven people do not associate with Illawarraites.
But I am being technical.
Historically the Shoalhaven associate themselves more with the Sharks then the Drags, but history does change
I'm in the Ulladulla area and would never call it Sharkies territory lol. Can't speak for the rest of Shoalhaven though.

I'm in the Ulladulla area and would never call it Sharkies territory lol. Can't speak for the rest of Shoalhaven though.
Thats why I said history changes. My family and peers are all through Milton, Mollymook, Narawallee, all the way up to Sussex and Gerringong. I always found the Sharks and Parra to be the most followed teams, definitely not the Dragons.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I meant where did the Steelers stop and raiders start (north east of Canberra along the coast)

is it Kiama ?

As in Junior areas? No idea sorry mate, you'd have to ask a historian.

Thats why I said history changes. My family and peers are all through Milton, Mollymook, Narawallee, all the way up to Sussex and Gerringong. I always found the Sharks and Parra to be the most followed teams, definitely not the Dragons.

Yea and I'm late on the scene having only been down here for a decade now. TBH support wise its a huge mix down here now due to the area booming. When my son was playing minis we had kids supporting Parra, Manly, Sharks, Raiders, everybody.

As in Junior areas? No idea sorry mate, you'd have to ask a historian.

Yea and I'm late on the scene having only been down here for a decade now. TBH support wise its a huge mix down here now due to the area booming. When my son was playing minis we had kids supporting Parra, Manly, Sharks, Raiders, everybody.
Yeah that's fair. We always associated with the "surf team", which was Cronulla. Then Mick Cronin burst onto the scene and the support went his way a lot.
Ronny Quinn was the fulcrum, he played for both the Sharks and Eels.
In the Illawarra the Drags were always huge, just not further south.

MugaB

Coach
I didn’t even know what doxing was until I just googled it.

Looking at that description. I didn’t commit the crime.

Happy for a moderator to ban me though.
No moderation here on expansion threads remember, its why most of all you dickless wonders are abusing each other on a daily basis

oooh facebook stalker as well as closet racist. Grow up.

This thread has turned into Cape Bear…

images

Yes I know Fear and Bear are pronounced differently, but I don’t care.

MugaB

Coach
So why did you feel the need to share my name? Its a big no no on forums and youve been reported.
Hahahahaha wery wery sooky, now that your real name has been released, as if anyone actually gives two shits anyways, didn’t some creep about 5 years do that to you, and now it happened again fmd

Obviously those teams value is less for tv

they will provide content though for existing viewers

both are more important for player pool development and also enhancing test match rugby league

channel nine doesn’t want so many regional nrl teams but those clubs being value in their own way
Cowboys rate well in Brisbane. Knights and Raiders don't rate well in Brisbane and Sydney.

Latest posts