What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Esp after jets and bombers merged

jets have poor finances

small clubs struggle for big sponsors in the nrl
Yeah I get what you are saying, but provided they are playing at Suncorp tacking Redcliffe on the front of their name wouldn't change much at all from the size they are now.

I know its a small anecdote but @Get Rid of The Donkeys and I are both Phins members and we both live in Logan and I personally have had nothing to do with Redcliffe in my life. It's just because it's Brisbane 2.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Tigers own 5 percent of the jv

Wests Ashfield owns just about everything

including the to be finished Balmain leagues club
Yes I know but the NRL loves that Tigers logo, with the history behind Balmain I can’t see the NRL just turning their backs on that.

Centy Coast

Juniors
If they join with an east’s tigers bid the nrl keep it lol
Sorry I didn’t know thats what you were referring to, stupid me.
That would certainly make the most sense.
If they connect with Ipswich they could become the Wests Tigers of both States lol.

Wb1234

Referee
Sorry I didn’t know thats what you were referring to, stupid me.
That would certainly make the most sense.
If they connect with Ipswich they could become the Wests Tigers of both States lol.
If I got my tigers back I dunno I might jump off the south Sydney ship lol

Titanic

First Grade
That Firehawks survey was SEQ footy fans taking the p!ss with many respondents equating it to men's netball and Bombers, WFMD, let's have some Demons as well and why not the Yatala Pies?

The beauty of the Redcliffe scenario, no matter what the NRL think about it, is that everybody knows precisely where their roots are and the Dolphins are a very recognisable brand. You could fund a new franchise on the expenses wasted on marketing guru's to come to that conclusion.

Ok I'll stick my neck out. A third Brisbane team could be the Queensland Fish, encompassing all the Brothers' clubs ... just joking because it's Friday ... lol.

Last edited: