What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Way to miss the point. Common with you?

Not the QRL though.
Lightn up mate, it was a joke. But your model has the massive flaw of not including the significance of the QRL and it contribution of players to the NSWRL and now we have the Dolphins... so who's thier dad ??
Actually pretty dumb.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Lightn up mate, it was a joke. But your model has the massive flaw of not including the significance of the QRL and it contribution of players to the NSWRL and now we have the Dolphins... so who's thier dad ??
Actually pretty dumb.
My model is equally a joke, it was a shit analogy.

Dolphins joined a comp. Their comp didn’t merge with another comp where therefore all histories would have merged together. That’s the main difference.

The significance of the QRL isn’t lost on me. It just isn’t and never was part of the NSWRL. Again the debate is about clubs and achievements, not about individual players transferring from one comp to another.

However people choose to see achievements in one comp in relation to the other is for them to decide and if they think Phins achievements should be counted then that’s ok. I respect that.

But as far as how the official history of the NRL goes it stems from ARL which stems from NSWRL and that’s just how it is.

Gobsmacked

Bench
My model is equally a joke, it was a shit analogy.

Dolphins joined a comp. Their comp didn’t merge with another comp where therefore all histories would have merged together. That’s the main difference.

The significance of the QRL isn’t lost on me. It just isn’t and never was part of the NSWRL. Again the debate is about clubs and achievements, not about individual players transferring from one comp to another.

However people choose to see achievements in one comp in relation to the other is for them to decide and if they think Phins achievements should be counted then that’s ok. I respect that.

But as far as how the official history of the NRL goes it stems from ARL which stems from NSWRL and that’s just how it is.
The next iteration should be the PRL
Pacific Rugby League

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what date does everyone think expansion announcement will be made?

I predict it could be around Thur or Fri next week prior to the PMXIII game on the Sunday. Gives GF win some clear media then keeps the game in the media prior to the test match series. Announcing juts prior to PNG game gives that event a lot more excitement.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Whether you’re joking or not. It’s not far from the truth to where we are heading.
Definitely not joking, we already have NZ , so National as it stands doesn’t apply. I would suggest though that it would probably stay the NRL because of its brand power.
Could be Nations Rugby league though.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So what date does everyone think expansion announcement will be made?

I predict it could be around Thur or Fri next week prior to the PMXIII game on the Sunday. Gives GF win some clear media then keeps the game in the media prior to the test match series. Announcing juts prior to PNG game gives that event a lot more excitement.
October 13.
Same date as the Dolphins, give or take a day, for inclusion in 2026, same timeline as the Dolphins, for another NZ team to create a rival for a team that has an extraordinarily large market all to itself like the Broncos had and as the Warriors currently has.
I've said it all along. It's as obvious as the sunrise.
Will be a great lead into the game in Christchurch for a week and a half doing interviews, stadium inspections , tours of the city and talking with locals ect..
A bigger TV deal with Australia and NZ will then fund our less sustainable genuine expansion teams of Perth and Adelaide.
Perth 2029 and Adelaide 2032. Gives all expansion teams 3 years clear to bed and inline with the 20 team by 2032 goal.

It's all been stated by NRL hq but once again everyone on here thinks that the daily telegraph decides expansion or the bloody government lol.

This is a business that has stated a clear growth strategy and a timeline for that.

But you never know... might be: f**k it, let's put a team in a third world country.. or let's put a team that will drain our already depleted talent pool...🤷‍♂️

Perth Red

Post Whore
October 13.
Same date as the Dolphins, give or take a day, for inclusion in 2026, same timeline as the Dolphins, for another NZ team to create a rival for a team that has an extraordinarily large market all to itself like the Broncos had and as the Warriors currently has.
I've said it all along. It's as obvious as the sunrise.
Will be a great lead into the game in Christchurch for a week and a half doing interviews, stadium inspections , tours of the city and talking with locals ect..
A bigger TV deal with Australia and NZ will then fund our less sustainable genuine expansion teams of Perth and Adelaide.
Perth 2029 and Adelaide 2032. Gives all expansion teams 3 years clear to bed and inline with the 20 team by 2032 goal.

It's all been stated by NRL hq but once again everyone on here thinks that the daily telegraph decides expansion or the bloody government lol.

This is a business that has stated a clear growth strategy and a timeline for that.

But you never know... might be: f**k it, let's put a team in a third world country.. or let's put a team that will drain our already depleted talent pool...🤷‍♂️
lol you're going to be as accurate as Wb's PNG in 2026 in Cairns prediction.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Western Bears 2027. It’s set.
PNG 2028 but might be pushed to 2029. It’s set.
Team #20 somewhere between 2032-2035. Location undecided but likely South Island NZ.

Latest posts