What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Semi-Final: New Zealand v South Africa at Auckland Mar 24, 2015

Iafeta

Referee
You brainless mother f'r. Seriously. What goes through this blokes head. Another 5 overs of decent batting and he could have won the game. Advantage big time Saffas.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
SA just had a good over, but they wasted their review. There was no need to smash the first ball out of the ground in the next over.

He had the quick start, we got the run rate down, he needed to just bat.

Iafeta

Referee
How much over the past year has he got out between 50-75, with a strike rate of 150+. He just needs to reassess, if he bats for another 10 overs he'd still strike at 115 naturally without doing too much in terms of running down the wicket or anything.

shiznit

Coach
Looking at the equation... 226 off 36overs that's really doable...

That knock from McCullum really made this target achievable...

vvvrulz

Coach
I'm in the camp that is happy with McCullum's innings

If he didn't go insane we wouldn't have this dream start to the innings.
Eventually he was always going to get himself out, everyone knew it.

The RRR of 7+ is out of the equation now, he's set it up beautifully for the rest of the batting lineup if they are good enough.

vvvrulz

Coach
One of these two needs to be the key here, get a century.

I don't have faith in Taylor at the moment and the lower order are there to spank us over the line.
Don't want to see Anderson walking out until there are about 10 overs left.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He had belted Steyn out of the attack, they really needed him for at least another 15 overs. But it had made the rate much easier for the rest of they are good enough.

Iafeta

Referee
Agree they've won. What I'm saying is aside from Guppy the other day, there's been a succession of middling scores where a guy who gets in doesn't set the stand and ensure his team is hosed. Its something that the likes of Sangakkara, de Villiers, Amla do quite regularly once they're in. See what I mean, we're now 2 down and behind the 8 ball, McCullum had his eye in and played a poor stroke where a fielder was set. You hear commentators say all the time, put 2 wickets onto that score and how does it look, and that is happening now.

vvvrulz

Coach
One of these two needs to be the key here, get a century.

I don't have faith in Taylor at the moment and the lower order are there to spank us over the line. Don't want to see Anderson walking out until there are about 10 overs left.

vvvrulz

Coach
Oh there's a massive blow, pretty stupid shot it has to be said.

The way Guptill played Tahir you feel it's just a matter of time with him also.
Need to bat time now, these two + Elliott

shiznit

Coach
f**k ya Roscoe....

We can't afford to have you scratch around for 20 overs here.

Be authoritative and positive motherf**ker!!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
And there's the problem with McCullum throwing his wicket away after getting the rocketing start.

Williamson can't carry/steady the ship all the time.

There's nothing wrong with him being aggressive, but there has to be a point in the innings where he says "Ok, I'm on top, now my wicket is more important than the extra strike rate, dispatch the bad ball."