What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Dec 17-21 2020

JJ

Immortal
He was WA coach at the time and he white anted Renshaw openly and publicly through the media. Eventually Renshaw fell apart under the criticism and pressure that JL had manufactured, after Renshaw looked like he'd broken out. Bancroft got picked instead....aaaaaand the rest is history.
Pretty shit

Really liked what I saw of Renshaw

Bazal

Post Whore
He was a pretty average and negative captain up until 89, then he turned into a decent tactition but still fairly defensive. He was a much better ODI skipper.

It was fitting that it took for Taylor to take over before we could finally topple the Windies. He was a great leader who dug us out of the shit but Taylor than Waugh were the superior skippers.

Yeah Taylor and Tugga were the two greats for me.

Obviously there's a lot to be said for what AB did with a biog average squad in a dire place...but for me the way he did it wasn't the mark of a great leader. Telling Dean Jones that he'd get someone tougher when Deano was literally almost dying and was so wounded by the end of it that he never truly recovered....not great.

Odd because I've met him two, maybe three times now and he's the nicest man...must have got all the aggro of ten lifetimes out as captain. Although the old AB came out a bit when he suggested Renshaw should have shit himself and batted with full daks, as though that would be better somehow. Haha

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah Taylor and Tugga were the two greats for me.

Obviously there's a lot to be said for what AB did with a biog average squad in a dire place...but for me the way he did it wasn't the mark of a great leader. Telling Dean Jones that he'd get someone tougher when Deano was literally almost dying and was so wounded by the end of it that he never truly recovered....not great.

Odd because I've met him two, maybe three times now and he's the nicest man...must have got all the aggro of ten lifetimes out as captain. Although the old AB came out a bit when he suggested Renshaw should have shit himself and batted with full daks, as though that would be better somehow. Haha
I've met AB as well, an absolute gentleman and humble fella.

Saha the gun keeper drops another lol.

mave

Coach
Old mate would never have dropped that if we had done the right thing and declared 20 minutes ago.

undertaker

Coach
I'd have him opening ahead of that midget Tassiederp midget Wade.

The critics of his batting were way over the top from day 1, and to get replaced by a bloke like Plodcroft with a technique that a 6 year old would lol at.
Well, the Aussie selectors have thrown up a lot of curve balls over the years.

One of the most baffling is Sam Heazlett making his ODI debut in New Zealand, despite never playing any 50 over matches at state level.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah look tbh he's made a damned good effort just to get to that....would have been a ridiculous grab, swirling around up there while he has to run full tilt to even get in position

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, the Aussie selectors have thrown up a lot of curve balls over the years.

One of the most baffling is Sam Heazlett making his ODI debut in New Zealand, despite never playing any 50 over matches at state level.
He was a Greg Chappell selection because he liked the look of him. He did him no favours because he was nowhere near ready. Struggles to make the QLD side these days.

Bazal

Post Whore
I just thought, if you ever wanted proof that international players don't actually use the bat the stickers say they use, look no further than this pair who despite using modern day Kookas have faced 80-dd balls between them and not even broken one yet...

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure you can blame Paine for that one Junior....always calling two to make sure you look for it, but he definitely never wanted the second. Starc just came...

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
So did anyone with a clue, but not Langer, the selectors and the powers at be. He is now batting @ 5 for QLD. Good news he got a 100 last game.
How about the time everyone got up him coz he didn't wanna shit in his pants at the crease.

Poor bastard has copped it.

Edit: missed Baz's comment