What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Optus Stadium Perth, Dec 14-18 2023

Wizardman

First Grade
Pakistan may be as exciting as watching paint dry.....but their tactics are working.in terms of how they are batting. They have won the day so far.

Fangs

Coach
Glad Pakistan got to stumps 1 down. This test looks day 4 at least hopefully right down to day 5.

JJ

Immortal
Just catching up here... obviously I think overall Davey is hugely overrated as a test bat, and a dick... that said, he's a monster in Australia (and has been to some extent in RSA), he'd probably be in your all time home team, but not in an overall or away team... weird, because in the Hobart innings way back against us, and others, it's not that he can't play against the moving ball...

Good to see Marsh cementing his place :), and the Pakis putting up a fight, I hope both last

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Just catching up here... obviously I think overall Davey is hugely overrated as a test bat, and a dick... that said, he's a monster in Australia (and has been to some extent in RSA), he'd probably be in your all time home team, but not in an overall or away team... weird, because in the Hobart innings way back against us, and others, it's not that he can't play against the moving ball...

Good to see Marsh cementing his place :), and the Pakis putting up a fight, I hope both last
He'd be in the Kiwi all time 11 if eligible though

Pippen94

First Grade

Warner is underrated based on away tests. Nobody else in the past decade would've come close to achieving his overall record 110 tests, 9k runs, ave 45.

JJ

Immortal
He'd be in the Kiwi all time 11 if eligible though
problem is then he might have played 6 tests in Aust if he was lucky, and most in NZ, where his record is, well, more Chris Martin than Gordon Greenidge... but yeah, great point based on knowing nothing about NZ openers, and nothing changes in terms of what I said - he's remarkably good in Australia, and strangely useless most other places (he is a much better player than his overseas record)

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner is underrated based on away tests. Nobody else in the past decade would've come close to achieving his overall record 110 tests, 9k runs, ave 45.

No he's not. He's a flat track bully, that's exactly the appropriate rating.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Warner home: Matches 56, runs 5303, ave 59.58, hundreds 20.

Warner away: Matches 53, runs 3348, ave 32.50, hundreds 6.

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner home: Matches 56, runs 5303, ave 59.58, hundreds 20.

Warner away: Matches 53, runs 3348, ave 32.50, hundreds 6.

Also averages 63 in South Africa, the closest conditions to home away from Aus.

So his average in foreign conditions is actually pretty terrible. 26 in the UK and 21 in India. Doesn't even crack 30 against the might* of the modern West Indies.

*Minnows