What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

TIGER14

Bench
Or you could pick a younger player with a future, like say Maddinson... or bring back Burns (and play Smarsh at 6) or even someone like Ferguson who is in form, and still young enough to have a few years
Maddinson is f**king shite.
Plays 1 good innings every 12 months.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maddinson is f**king shite.
Plays 1 good innings every 12 months.

And he's still a much better option than fking Klinger.....

Anyway he was just a name off the top of my head. More than likely Travis Head would be next young bat off the ranks, and Maddinson averages 5 more run than him at FC level for what it's worth.

I'd pick Ferguson

TIGER14

Bench
Mark Waugh beats off over him and Henriques

Thats worrying if he ends up taking over Marsh.
And he's still a much better option than fking Klinger.....

Anyway he was just a name off the top of my head. More than likely Travis Head would be next young bat off the ranks, and Maddinson averages 5 more run than him at FC level for what it's worth.

I'd pick Ferguson
Agree on all counts.
I'd be picking Ferguson as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, I'd bring Burns in for Khawaja (subject to 2nd innings efforts). That leaves the Mitch Marsh spot to fill.

None of the young guys have earned a baggy green, though I'll keep an eye on Kurt Patterson at the SCG tomorrow.

Ferguson could work. Good technique.
Khawaja was about the only batsman that got a good ball, he deserves a longer run. Voges when set playing a shitty shot is more criminal IMO.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So SAs best bat ABDV and best bowler both out for the series.

If we lose series this we might as well rename ourselves England.

If Australia lose here, then M Marsh and Nevill surely have to go. They aren't the only ones to blame, but you simply cannot hav batsmen average in the low 20s at 6 and 7 when you're collapsing like that.

It's beyond stupid and unfathomable, especially when you've followed the side starting from the mid '90s.

T-Boon

Coach
Jesus. T boob is in the cricket thread.

Next up:

We should have Stumps 5 metres high and 2 metres wide to assist the bowler.
Batsmen have to use a frying pan instead of a bat
Reduce the players per side to 3
Take a test match to Antarctica

I have to admit I briefly thought this afternoon that maybe it is time to move to coloured uniforms for Tests...logic was that they are bringing ads onto the whites (CBA ad)...but then I had a closer look and the ads are still pretty discrete.
The one big idea I had was when I saw Michael Clarke and the wicket roller out in the middle at the same time. I was thinking this could have a happy Stephen King type ending.

I have to admit I briefly thought this afternoon that maybe it is time to move to coloured uniforms for Tests...logic was that they are bringing ads onto the whites (CBA ad)...but then I had a closer look and the ads are still pretty discrete.
The one big idea I had was when I saw Michael Clarke and the wicket roller out in the middle at the same time. I was thinking this could have a happy Stephen King type ending.

At least Michael Clarke would have got 200* as the team fell apart around him.

If Australia lose here, then M Marsh and Nevill surely have to go. They aren't the only ones to blame, but you simply cannot hav batsmen average in the low 20s at 6 and 7 when you're collapsing like that.

It's beyond stupid and unfathomable, especially when you've followed the side starting from the mid '90s.

And bring back sissor hands? f**k no

TIGER14

Bench

Problem is Nevill is by far the best keeper in Australia.

MMarsh is batting in the top 6, f**k his bowling.

In all fairness though, nobody else sticks out as an all rounder option. Tbh I don't think it's a necessary role but it's one Aus selectors seem to cherish.

T-Boon

Coach
Wade is not an option and I think Victoria still have him ahead of Hanscomb who would be a candidate otherwise.
I'd stick with Nevill.

Latest posts