What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v South Africa at Perth on Nov 3-7, 2016

T-Boon

Coach
Nevill also wasn't out. Got a rough decision and couldn't contest it because we were duded by losing Smith's challenge.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Gilly the freak ruined people's perspective on what a keeper is meant to be
Correctemondo . No team has got close to this event though they've tried. It's the reverse mallachi of Flintoff and our obsession with allrounders, any batsman that picked up a keepers glove was thrown in as the next Gilly. Too bad they couldn't keep or bat.

Now I'm off to Arnold's with chachi.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Warner is legit a better keeper than Wade. Just throw him the gloves
Phil Tufnell with no gloves would keep better than Wade
watch

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Is Lehmann still coaching or has he been replaced by Mary Mcgregor, waiting for him to chime in with wickets from kicks don't count.

Reactions: gUt

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Warner player of the day for me, imagine the scores without him. Might have eyes on the captaincy with a strong series considering he's already the deputy.

If it's worked out by contribution to the team though Starc should be the chairman of Cricket Australia.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If South Africa bat all day, or bat well after tea, then game over for mine. They would have gotten over 350 by then. Not sure we have the mental capacity to get them

We need to take 3-4 wickets first session, then skittle them early in the 2nd. Hopefully chasing 250 abouts

This will be a great South African victory with only 2 pace bowlers when we were 1/160 odd

Game wont go near a 5th day..

Incorrect

Coach
Henriques is a better bat and a better bowler than that imposter MMarsh so if they are adamant they want an all-rounder he's gotta be given the nod for Hobart

Incorrect

Coach
Tbh I can't see how Smith is captain.

I'm actually starting to think that these younger Gen Y upstarts or whatever you call them, are immune to leadership. they're all ego and arrogance when they get to the test side these days and think they know it all . I reckon it would be a merkin of a job trying to galvanise them and win their hearts and minds. completely different to what it was like when Border et al was skipper and you didn't dare pass wind in the dressing room in case you got throttled...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's certainly a better batsman but I'd say their bowling is on par, perhaps Marsh just slightly better, he has pace that Henriques doesn't have.

Looking at what Marsh has contributed, we just need a no 6 batsman, we dont have an issue bowling team out although we do have better bowlers than Siddle too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With back to back tests they will certainly want an all rounder in the next test, so what's the bet MMarsh will still be on notice???

Timbo

Staff member
Henriques has to replace Marsh. Or if they want to look younger, Cartwright or Stoinis.

The most important thing is that whoever they pick be a competent top 6 batsman. Being a four seamer is just bonus.