What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v South Africa @ Mount Maunganui Feb 4-8, 2024

JJ

Immortal
NZ 511
Rachin 240

SA 4/80

IMO Not great preparation for Australia tests if kiwis slaughter SA in these two tests
Worried that this series will flatter Santner, who’s a great white ball bowler but never been good with the red ball. Hopefully I’m wrong and he bowls well against Aust…

Rod

Bench
He's also aided by it being Bay Oval, probably the most spinner-friendly NZ ground. He'll be far from a cert to play at the Basin or Hagley.

It also might depend on O'Rourke, who is a bit of a wild card but will get a go in the 2nd test. If he performs in that I'd like to see him thrown in against AUS too.

King-Gutho94

Coach
NZ 511
Rachin 240

SA 4/80

IMO Not great preparation for Australia tests if kiwis slaughter SA in these two tests
Batsman find some form is always handy.

The kiwis biggest challenge against Australia is psychological.

They melt to bits when they play us. Got a stronghold over them they can't break.

Yet against India & England they are always punching above there weight and competitive or winning.

West Indies knocking us off at the Gabba should mean the Kiwis shouldn't be fearing us in there own backyard.

JJ

Immortal
He's also aided by it being Bay Oval, probably the most spinner-friendly NZ ground. He'll be far from a cert to play at the Basin or Hagley.

It also might depend on O'Rourke, who is a bit of a wild card but will get a go in the 2nd test. If he performs in that I'd like to see him thrown in against AUS too.
Interested in how O’Rourke goes, but we do need to remember the quality of this opposition

JJ

Immortal
I’d be happy with Young ahead of Latham, but he’s untouchable

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’d be happy with Young ahead of Latham, but he’s untouchable
We can send over Marcus Harris if you are chasing an opener batsman.

I am sure most Aussies would happily let him cross the divide play for the Black Caps.