What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Wellington, Dec 15-19 2018 - MATCH DRAWN

JJ

Immortal
It's almost like Wagner needs to bowl a pile of shit and get smashed so that he can get annoyed enough to bowl well...

JJ

Immortal
New GOATland
Guess I still wonder exactly what Lyon is the greatest at? Australia's greatest finger spinner? Maybe - but that's a bit like being Australia's greatest baseball player, or the best batter in their current XI

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Guess I still wonder exactly what Lyon is the greatest at? Australia's greatest finger spinner? Maybe - but that's a bit like being Australia's greatest baseball player, or the best batter in their current XI

Steven Adams >Andrew Bogut

TheParraboy

Staff member

Or maybe
Couple of years ago when Wade was calling Lyon ‘bowled Gary’ because of same surname as the afl player - wait for it Gary Lyon. That the next step was born. You can look up ‘Gary the goat ‘ online

Nothing but a piss take, but it has stuck

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Or maybe
Couple of years ago when Wade was calling Lyon ‘bowled Gary’ because of same surname as the afl player - wait for it Gary Lyon. That the next step was born. You can look up ‘Gary the goat ‘ online

Nothing but a piss take, but it has stuck
We know nothing of AFL - keen to keep it that way!

Iafeta

Referee
Good stuff Sri Lanka. Have played the bully well and sat on the other blokes with ease.

Awful bowling effort today. Wagners performance is completely unacceptable

JJ

Immortal
213/3 Mendis 106* Mathews 82*

Very good century for Mendis, Lankans doing it easy atm

Iafeta

Referee
Wagner is being treated like the park cricketer he is. He’s got away with it for years because t20 interests imo have ripped out players being able to defend well consistently off the back foot. Here he is being shown to be a one trick pony against some good dogged batting.

Congratulations to Sri Lanka.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Holy shit, only just saw the score. Honestly expected this game to be well and truly over today. Cricinfo saying 90% chance of rain tomorrow for day 5. What an insane turnaround.

Meth

Staff member
Holy shit, only just saw the score. Honestly expected this game to be well and truly over today. Cricinfo saying 90% chance of rain tomorrow for day 5. What an insane turnaround.

That’s Test cricket!

And yeah- our bowling has been pretty shit, Southee aside. Patel, de Grandhomme and Wagner have not really been at all menacing.

JJ

Immortal
And why test cricket is so much more interesting than other forms... the wicket got better, some low bounce now, we might have a shot today, but the weather will almost certainly ensure a draw...

Simply didn't bowl well enough - to me while they weren't threatening, at least they kept the runs down - Wagner was incredibly bad... bad day for NZ, I wonder if in addition to the flat wicket the travel left them a bit flat

Hutty1986

Immortal
And why test cricket is so much more interesting than other forms... the wicket got better, some low bounce now, we might have a shot today, but the weather will almost certainly ensure a draw...

Simply didn't bowl well enough - to me while they weren't threatening, at least they kept the runs down - Wagner was incredibly bad... bad day for NZ, I wonder if in addition to the flat wicket the travel left them a bit flat
Test cricket is one beautiful muthaf**ker