What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 word reason why NSW lost

DJDL

Bench
Spot on Mr Frenz. The other guy who should be picked for game two is Tom Learoyd-Lars.
He and Gal would add a hell of a lot of starch to the Blues pack, something they have lacked for years.

It's all well and good to pick your workhorse players but to beat Qld, and nullify their backline, you need to pummel them into submission. There is not one NSW forward capable of doing it.

THEN the halves and backs can start doing their job.

mxlegend99

Referee
LMFAO @ Sharks fans suggesting he would have been the difference between winning and losing. Sharks lost 9 in a row, with Gallen playing a part in several of those games. Yet the game they broke their losing streak on he had nothing to do with them.

He might have made a difference last night. But i highly doubt he would have had any significant impact one way or the other. Our halves were what hurt us most. So Trent Barrett would have been more likely to help us win then Paul Gallen.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Spot on Mr Frenz. The other guy who should be picked for game two is Tom Learoyd-Lars.
He and Gal would add a hell of a lot of starch to the Blues pack, something they have lacked for years.

It's all well and good to pick your workhorse players but to beat Qld, and nullify their backline, you need to pummel them into submission. There is not one NSW forward capable of doing it.

THEN the halves and backs can start doing their job.

I always thought TLL was a queenslander? wiki page activate!!!

EDIT: Nope New South Welshman. I agree that while he's still injury free, he should be suited up in a NSW jumper. The man is a beast. The current forwards are chumps.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
LMFAO @ Sharks fans suggesting he would have been the difference between winning and losing. Sharks lost 9 in a row, with Gallen playing a part in several of those games. Yet the game they broke their losing streak on he had nothing to do with them.

He might have made a difference last night. But i highly doubt he would have had any significant impact one way or the other. Our halves were what hurt us most. So Trent Barrett would have been more likely to help us win then Paul Gallen.

Well aren't you the poor unfortunate developmentally delayed sod?

So what if the Sharks have lost 9 in a row. That's not down to Gallen who by the way is the best forward in the world at present.

Don't blame the halves. They couldn't do anything with Bellyaches dinosaur Storm circa 2006 game plan that doesn't work in 2009. 1 up, 1 up, 1up from DH all night long

But there's a reason he had that plan. It was clearly Plan B which he had to switch to after Gallen was advised not to participate.

Bellyache knew he had nothing go forward wise and saw that without the superior metre making and defence hurting attack of Gallen he'd have to get the lads to try and make metres another way. It's didn't work. The pack that played, without Gall, was a bunch of piglets that had Bellamy set up to fail.

I'll bet Bellyache is counting the days till the staunchest, bravest, most intelligent footballer of the modern era is back fit, and raring to go.

Long Live King Gallen!!

Loudstrat

Coach
Disqualified for picking a Kiwi :lol::lol: Everyone knows Covell would only be eligible for Queensland!

On behalf of sharks fans i'd like to apologise for frenzy. His man love for Gallen is some-times mis-placed

Gallen would of helped but to say he would of been the difference is ridiculous

Only the halves can change the outcome of the game.