What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2002 Premiership counts for nothing- So Roosters have won...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Jake the snake said:
really nothing. They needed to win yesterday to prove that they deserved the Premiership in 2002 but now after this loss the 2002 win is by default.

It could not happen to a nicer club losing in such a way. They buy up all the juniors, steal all the players from other clubs and are arrogant. Yet can not win a true Grand Final with all clubs contesting it.

It must be a sick feeling for u Roosters supporters I feel sorry for u lot...............................NOT, Sucked In :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what happened last year ?????

The Bulldogs didn't deserve to win anything and lucky they did win the spoon at the very least in 2002 for what they did!

You make nospam49 look like he is someone who knows what he is talking about!

macavity

Referee
Paullyboy said:
The Roosters trying to claim a premiership for 2002 is as bad as Newcastle or Brisbane claiming 1997 as a genuine title

One sentance wrong in three seperate ways.... we have a record.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
really nothing. They needed to win yesterday to prove that they deserved the Premiership in 2002 but now after this loss the 2002 win is by default.

It could not happen to a nicer club losing in such a way. They buy up all the juniors, steal all the players from other clubs and are arrogant. Yet can not win a true Grand Final with all clubs contesting it.

It must be a sick feeling for u Roosters supporters I feel sorry for u lot...............................NOT, Sucked In :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You better watch what you say about the 2002 Grand Final, there was another team in there that surely deserved to be there, Bulldogs or no Bulldogs. And that was the Warriors. So before you start writing off Premierships just because the Roosters were there, have a think about the other side of the coin.

The Dogs didn't deserve to be there in 2002, but they bloody deserved it this year with all the team has been through.

fish

Juniors
The 2 best teams that abided by the rules in 2002 made the Grand Final and the best team that abided by the rules won it......Why are people so dopey that they can't fathom this.

Johns Magic

Referee
How many bloody Roosters vs Bulldogs games are "The one that shows who rightfully should have won in '02?

The first one there was, the Chooks won it.

DJ1

Juniors
fish said:
The 2 best teams that abided by the rules in 2002 made the Grand Final and the best team that abided by the rules won it......Why are people so dopey that they can't fathom this.

That statement would be true if all teams were audited to 3rd party payments.

Only one team was.

Jake the snake said:

you are a moron who should get back under that rock you just slithered out from. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

fish

Juniors

Only one team was.

Are you saying only the Bulldogs were audited? I find that very hard to believe.
I will agree thou that the auditors need looking at thou as they gave the dogs a clean bill of health and it was only because a journo received info that they got caught.

aids

Bench
2002 premiership counted, warriors were a good team and only after having fitler bludgoned did easts fire up and win what was a closer match than the score indicated.

canterbury got kicked out for salry cap breaches, they cheated so they were stripped.
end of story.

easts did a good job this year of being a dominate team, as did bulldogs.
and the final score was less than a try to seperate.

before i said bulldogs are the nrl's port power, but it looks like easts are the nrl's collingwood.
i would be suprised is easts have a good season next year.

and i still blame the sunsilk curse.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Raiders 2005 said:
Go Where? :lol: :lol: I went to Bondi yesterday before the game, where was everyone? Wheres the support?!!!

They were all at Rooty Hill R.S.L. club! :lol:

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

TIGERPies said:
do u need a bucket to mop up the tears general?
no - but you will not live long enough to see your combined rabble which is wests tigers in a grandfinal - face the facts it will never happen in your life time or your grandkids.

aids

Bench
Generalissimo Stalin said:
TIGERPies said:
do u need a bucket to mop up the tears general?
no - but you will not live long enough to see your combined rabble which is wests tigers in a grandfinal - face the facts it will never happen in your life time or your grandkids.

watch out tigerpie...he is planning to wipe out your family over the next year.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
The Roosters could only play what was in front of them in 2002. they won fair and square.

Is the Bulldogs triumph undervalued cause the Roosters lost Ricketson? No way, thats football. The best team wins: Roosters 2002, Bulldogs 2004. End of story.

Jake the snake said:

and you support?? you need skinning

DJ1

Juniors
fish said:

Only one team was.

Are you saying only the Bulldogs were audited? I find that very hard to believe.
I will agree thou that the auditors need looking at thou as they gave the dogs a clean bill of health and it was only because a journo received info that they got caught.

Yes! One team opened all their books to the salary cap auditor to include full disclosure of all 3rd party arrangements.

14 clubs did not and were given the same green light that the Bulldogs had already received prior to the media revelations.

I am not suggesting that the other 14 teams had similar arrangements, only that the NRL refused to look despite assertions from one club chairman (Piggins) that many clubs had similar arrangements and later revelations that the Roosters had only attributed $150K of Craig Wing's $300K per year contract to the salary cap auditor for seasons 2001 and 2002.

Whilst the Dogs were found to be over the cap by $400K in 2002 (12%),

the salary cap was then effectively raised to $3.55M for 2003. Plus, clubs can now spend an unlimited amount outside the secondary tier players.

DJ1 said:
fish said:

Only one team was.

Yes! One team opened all their books to the salary cap auditor to include full disclosure of all 3rd party arrangements.

14 clubs did not and were given the same green light that the Bulldogs had already received prior to the media revelations.

I am not suggesting that the other 14 teams had similar arrangements, only that the NRL refused to look despite assertions from one club chairman (Piggins) that many clubs had similar arrangements and later revelations that the Roosters had only attributed $150K of Craig Wing's $300K per year contract to the salary cap auditor for seasons 2001 and 2002.

Whilst the Dogs were found to be over the cap by $400K in 2002 (12%),

the salary cap was then effectively raised to $3.55M for 2003. Plus, clubs can now spend an unlimited amount outside the secondary tier players.

wrong the Roosters disclosed the full value of the wing contract and in any case souths players were on nominal contract values so i cannot see how the roosters could be fined for any wrong doing - piggins at no stage mentioned the Roosters as being suspects and i am sure if he did have something he would have said it for sure and certain.

The additional payments the dogs players were receiving were not recorded anywhere that they could be seen by an auditor - the money went through a middle company direct into the players bank accounts.

there is a limit clubs can spend on their premier league and jersey fleggs teams plus a limit to the value of second tier contracts as after all you could sign up x number of players for big money as premier league players but use them in forst grade to get around the cap.

another way to get around the cap is for club sponsors to "employ" players as trainees through specifically created training and development units and the club pays these sponsors say x amount a year for this education and training which of course leads to a recognised qualification they can use for careers after football with the club then paying the rest of their contract money. i.e player x on 300k - club sponsors employs them as a trainee - club pays 100k for this education and training - sponsors then pays player this in wages with the club paying the remaining 200k - the contract under the cap would only be worth 200k not 300k

Nugby

Juniors
Lets just settle for the fact that the Panthers winning was the best grand final of the last three years and be done with it, eh? :)

Latest posts