What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 Grand Final Discussion

bubs

Juniors
I cannot believe that ANYONE in Sydney (except for Cafe Latte supporters) would actually WANT that disgraceful team to win this year.
With Goose Gould singing their praise every chance he gets through all media channels and Ricky Stuart being forced down our throats every other second, I personally hope Penrith wipe the floor with them.
Judging by the EXCELLENT jeers and catcalls Fittler got on the footy show the other night, I reckon 90% of Sydney have had it with them.
PENRITH YAY. (This week only of course)
GOOSTERS BOOO.

bubs

Juniors
No no no.
If you know the tune to the Goosters theme song, replace it with this.

Rooster Rooster Man.
Who the hell'd want to be a Rooster fan?
No not me no way.
I think they're players are GAY.

Fits well.

Aries

Bench
bubs said:
No no no.
If you know the tune to the Goosters theme song, replace it with this.

Rooster Rooster Man.
Who the hell'd want to be a Rooster fan?
No not me no way.
I think they're players are GAY.

Fits well.

I thought the Roosters song was...
Y M C A!!

Good Luck Panthers. I layed $20 on you in round 23 to win it, and at 8-1... how many of you did?

Ignore my avarta. It's a shit stir at certain Sharks fans. I am a Sharks fan btw ;-)

bubs

Juniors
Nah it's a rewrite of "Macho Macho Man"
They must have been inspired to write it after hanging around Oxford St on a Friday night.

The Backpacker

Juniors
bubs said:
Judging by the EXCELLENT jeers and catcalls Fittler got on the footy show the other night, I reckon 90% of Sydney have had it with them.
GOOSTERS BOOO.

I can't believe people like you condoning this crap. Hate the Roosters yes - but applauding the behaviour that was displayed on the Footy show? Thats pathetic. I'm assuming your a NSW's supporter and an Aussie? I'm sure you weren't jeering him when he held the various trophy's aloft for your country and state. :roll: How quickly they forget.

As I have said from the start. The two teams that are there, deserve to be there - unlike the other teams, they beat everyone put in their path on the way to the penultimate game when it counted.

Good luck Panthers.

GO ROOSTERS.

Big Mick

Referee
i think its hilarious and me and my mate who is a roosters supporter were joking about this recently.

Every other team in the NRL has a full macho song when they come out on the field like enter sandman, or something of that sort in order to fire them up. But the roosters have a remix of Macho Macho man, hehehe, come on you gotta laugh.

Big Mick

Referee
i agree with backpacker...i mean on grand final day...i'm agreeing with a roosters supporter.. hehe..jks

But yeah i agree, the act of stupidity when fittler walked out was a bit wrong, i must admit i had a little smile that lasted about 10 seconds then i realised how stupid it was, just the look on his face.

Everyone keeps saying what brad di to penrith, and the roosters stole our players, while the roosters pay us out for super league. I mean come on people! your living in the past, the present is today and the game today is the most important of the year.

God said let their be light...and there was...it came in the form of rugby league.

Good luck to the panthers and the roosters and may it be a great game and the better team win.

balmainbenny

Juniors
Yep, Fittler and Sing made a brave step in staying loyal to the ARL, despite the superleague scum jumping ship. I have little doubt that Fittler would still be in Penrith if superleague did'nt exist.
For betraying the values of Rugby League, Penrith will pay in a BIG way tonight.
BTW, Balmain still lives within the Wests Tigers.

Balmain benny

Doctor

Bench
You're both one step ahead of me - I too came into your Panther's forum to wish you all the best for tonight.

Just like for Newcastle in both 1997 and 2001 against raging hot favourites, I think the Panthers, as underdogs, came come away with the premiership. But believe me it will take a mighty effort, a near-perfect first 30 minutes.

To put it this way: The Knights were given no hope of winning two years ago, but they didn't make a single mistake with the football for 29 and a half minutes - even then it was one of only a handful of mistakes against a very good side.

It just feels right that the Panthers win tonight - you have this Chook's support and dare I say most of the city of Newcastle's support. We're all for the underdogs, and you're it this year - good luck and cheer as loud as you can.

80 minutes of very good football against what is a very good football side - but I think you can do it.

Go Panthers. :eek:

Big Mick

Referee
you two are deadset dropkicks, i wasn't saying anything bad about fittler, its a bit of a case of selective reading if you ask me.

Get over superleague, its finished, penrith don't need fittler, we got campbell.

bubs said:
I cannot believe that ANYONE in Sydney (except for Cafe Latte supporters) would actually WANT that disgraceful team to win this year.
With Goose Gould singing their praise every chance he gets through all media channels and Ricky Stuart being forced down our throats every other second, I personally hope Penrith wipe the floor with them.
GOOSTERS BOOO.
Your a sad case. But then again looking at your team you really don't have much do you.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only rep player to come out of the Sharks this year is Bailey. Their best player playing out of his normal position. That about say's it all. Oh, and yes. The atmosphere in your club must be real good too.

balmainbenny said:
The ARL Easts will beat the crap out of the panther superleague scum. It will not even be a close match. Watch Walker score three tries and Wing win man of the match.

Balmainbenny
For "Balmainbenny"read "brainless twirp"
1Get over it!
2 How wrong can you be about Walker! Hell let in 4 tries more like it
3Wing will always be a benchie as long as Buderus plays the game
4 If any of these dont make sence-Get your mum to read No.1 very slowly and youll do ok
twit :roll:

Latest posts