What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 album of the year

raider_ktj

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Roadrunner United's album is pretty sweet too.

I want that album! Their song the end is so good.

For all of you giving Eelementary crap, im going to have to agree with some of his taste in music. I cannot stand any Aussie hip hop stuff and I honestly do not know anyone who likes it.

***Edit*** Eelementary, I just read your post saying that you hate the Australian accent... that is VERY unaustralian of you!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't even like hip-hop much. I'm force-fed it by my 'wigger gangsta wannabee' mates. And they're all into Ying Yang Twins, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Westside Connection, Ludacris, etc.

I actually heard a song the other day by some Aussie guys (it was hi-hop) and it wasn't half bad...All the Aussie hip-hop I've heard has been 'gangsta' style or attempts at it...In that sort of style, I think the strong Aussie accent kind of kills the 'ghetto gangsta' sort of feel.

And I don't really care if people criticise my tastes - it's their opinions.

What I don't understand is why the criticism started merely out of me giving examples of some of the world's biggest hip-hop stars today. Sure, you may hate 50 Cent and G-Unit, but you can't deny that they're massive these days. Whether they're good or not is up to personal taste, really.

HevyDevy

Coach
Godz Illa said:
The fact that you feel compelled to even ask this question indicates you are a lost cause. ffs You disparage Oz hip-hop yet have the cojones to endorse dull derivative angsty nu-metal? Your music collection should be stoned to grisly death. Haven't you heard? Nu-metal is dead; they held the wake inside Fred Durst's fat ass.

When was Nu-metal ever alive?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Ever since Korn started till Road Runner signing horrible Swedish sh*t & Metalcore (Which is basically Nu-Metal done by emo douches)

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's Korn's new album like? Anyone heard it?

Because since "Life Is Peachy" (and perhaps to a lesser extent "Follow The Leader") they've been very disappointing...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll admit I bought "Issues" and the one after that...

But they sucked bad, man.

I liked "Life Is Peachy" - it was different.

I guess I was just hoping they'd go back to that...But I heard some of their new stuff and it's crap. Even I think so lol.

BTW, someone mentioned to me that The Butterfly Effect are Aussie...Is that so?

Meanie

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I'll admit I bought "Issues" and the one after that...

But they sucked bad, man.

I liked "Life Is Peachy" - it was different.

I guess I was just hoping they'd go back to that...But I heard some of their new stuff and it's crap. Even I think so lol.

BTW, someone mentioned to me that The Butterfly Effect are Aussie...Is that so?

From Brisbane, awesome awesome band.

And Korn's new album is crap. They sound like Manson nowadays.

HevyDevy

Coach
Eelementary said:
What's Korn's new album like? Anyone heard it?

Because since "Life Is Peachy" (and perhaps to a lesser extent "Follow The Leader") they've been very disappointing...

And when were Korn not disappointing?

Actually strike that, it's hard to be disappointed when expectation is low to begin with.

Eelementary

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
And when were Korn not disappointing?

Actually strike that, it's hard to be disappointed when expectation is low to begin with.

I don't know, man. I thought "Life Is Peachy" was alright.

But yeah - Butterfly Effect rock.