What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowd stats updated to yesterday. One game still to come, hopefully the figure will lift with the ANZAC crowd. I'd expect no less than 30k, but who knows.

Timmah

Staff member
As for yesterday, I think there was some figures fudged. It was lacklustre round the edges, but the eastern and western sides were choca-bloc full. At least 16 or 17k.

LRC

fanatique said:
It was only the third 20,000 plus Sydney attendance this year and the stadium was packed. The NRL needs all the positive coverage it can get about attendances and let's be honest drawing attention to Easts or Souths or Dogs no matter what he crowd only draws attention to the fact that the two big stadiums are largely empty when they play so that explains the celebration of the parra crowd.

I believe in being honest and Sydney attendances are cr2p and any capacity attendance should be trumpeted. Well done eels and i say that as a non eel.

An issue with teams playing at big venues is that presales are not usually high due to the fact people know they can get in on the dayand wait to see the weather/work commitments atec..Parra stadium is an ideal stadium to get your presales up becuase of the limited numberof tix.
Remember a few years ago when it was absolutley bucketing down and parra stadium was full against the dogs.That was because it was sold out and people already had their tix.If they played at a bigger ground then people dont race out to buy a tcket and wait till the day.
So basically the ammount of tix available will pre detrmine the final crowd because people must commit early or miss out.

Timmah

Staff member
All Crowd Stats updated after Round 7, including ANZAC Match. That single game kept us in there. Well done to all who got out there - even if you were a bunch of disrespectful a-holes.

pcpp

Juniors
Eels v Tigers - 21,141 (20,141)
Warriors v Rabbits - 8,015
Sharks v Cowboys - 9,025
Storm v Knights - 9,084
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles - 13,621
Broncos v Panthers - 25,123
Dragons v Roosters - 31,105

Total - 117,114 (116,114)
Average - 16,731 (16,587)

Edit: Not sure if the Parra crowd was 20,141 or 21,141

Inferno

Coach
gees storm and Knights were disapointing especially considering it was melburnes first home game.

Timmah

Staff member
pcpp said:
Eels v Tigers - 20,141 (21,141)
Sharks v Cowboys - 9,025
Storm v Knights - 9,084

Total - 117,114
Average - 16,731

Uhhh, Stats are in post one, and your figures were initially wrong.

ouwet

Bench
Timmah said:
All Crowd Stats updated after Round 7, including ANZAC Match. That single game kept us in there. Well done to all who got out there - even if you were a bunch of disrespectful a-holes.

Had a great day today!!! Well done to all... Dragon supporters should take a bow, you guys were at least 80% of the crowd today...

IN defense of the people well the Dragons Army who were chanting for ST George during the silence, no one knew it was on and as soon as they realised they did stop. IMHO it’s an non-issue.

The Australian Anthem was sung by all and respect was shown... Why was the Anthem sung first?:?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
Well done to all who got out there - even if you were a bunch of disrespectful a-holes.
Timmer, I know you've got an axe to grind on this because its the second thread you've mentioned it in. But I think you're jumping the gun a bit.

I can only go on what I saw on TV and I thought the request for silence came a bit too quick. The Last Post had just finished and most people thought that was it. Once they realised it was still going, most of the crowd made the effort to quieten down again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LeagueXIII said:
Crowds are down 28,450 on the same time last year.
Here's your crater for this round:
Sharks v Cowboys - 9,025
Storm v Knights - 9,084

Timmah

Staff member
Not to mention 13,621 at Telstra, although I have my doubts over that figure.

Surandy

Bench
pcpp said:
Eels v Tigers - 21,141 (20,141)
Sharks v Cowboys - 9,025
Storm v Knights - 9,084

Total - 117,114 (116,114)
Average - 16,731 (16,587)

Gees, the Sharks crowd was crap for Rugby League heartland.

Moffo

Referee
Timmah said:

shut up, really. the crowd were unaware that the moments silence was straight after, and they shut up pretty quickly when we realised

JW

Coach
Round 8 may prove slightly better for the average.

Penrith - 19,000
Townsville - 20,500
Melbourne - 8,000
Brisbane - 27,000
Auckland - 11,000
Telstra - 13,000
SCG - 19,000

Avg - 16,785

A couple of those - namely Brisbane and the SGC - could quite easily end up being a bit bigger I think.

Bumble

First Grade
SalfordRedsWA said:
You saying NSW is equalled to the USA? Doesnt surprise me!!

Big, powerful, known all over the world, best sportsmen...yep, sounds about right! ;-)