What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think both will drag it down. Looks no more than 20k at SCG. Maybe less. Telstra looked barer than Paris Hilt... you get my drift.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
11,000 at Ericsson. If that crowd was 11,000 then there were only 4000 against Souths!

Pigskin

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
19,200 at the SCG.

as was the case with the Dogs/Manly game recently, this crowd is still not good enuff

SCG, 30th anniversary, derby style clash

you Sydneycentrics are kidding yourselves

disgraceful

ffs relocate some of these Sydney teams, they deserve it

Oink !

Timmah

Staff member
Pigskin said:
as was the case with the Dogs/Manly game recently, this crowd is still not good enuff

SCG, 30th anniversary, derby style clash

you Sydneycentrics are kidding yourselves

disgraceful

ffs relocate some of these Sydney teams, they deserve it

Oink !

Yes, relocating teams will increase crowds, won't it? :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
Crowd stats updated following Round 8. Home averages for 2006 after Round 8 still to be updated.

JW

Coach
So this year after eight rounds we're down from 17,900 to 17,100, correct?

That's actually not that bad when you consider some of the very sub-standard crowds we've had this year compared to what seemed like a dream start last year.

hitamn

Juniors
in all honesty the bunnies r running last with a piss poor team who only there true die hard fans care about.
the one team who has really been disappointing with there crowds are the broncos 23000, is a good crowd in sydney but in a 1 city team where rugby league rules its pretty pathetic. whats wrong with there fans do the brisbane public really hate the broncos that much?

Dakink

Bench
pcpp said:
8,000 looks bad enough at Aussie... let alone Telstra.

Whata way to turn off people from going tothe game.A totallack of atmosphere with the ground 10% full.

Pity the money was so enticing!

phonetic

Juniors
Rd 9 should deliver a few big crowds, but I agree the turnouts in Sydney arn't up to scratch.

For a club that craps on about how they ARE league, South Sydney really are a depressing prospect. Their home average isn't too bad at the minute, but this is going to decline rapidly throughout the year. My girlfriend is a member so I get out to a few games of theirs.

19k vs the Bulldogs was made up of mostly Bulldogs fans and Easter show goers.
16k (I think) vs the Dragons.. one of their bigger drawing games.. many a saints fan there too.

I didn't agree with how they were punted post Superleague, and they arn't the only Sydney team not pulling their weight, but if they continue to be the dead wood of the competition, something needs to be done.

I fret to think of what the crowd will be on Saturday night.

ByRd

First Grade
Sydney fans, this sunday is when we can turn up in big numbers, Dogs/Roosters at aussie, Sharks/Dragons at Toyota and Tigers/Eagles at leichardt....should all draw well.

ouwet

Bench
doglyf said:
Sydney fans, this sunday is when we can turn up in big numbers, Dogs/Roosters at aussie, Sharks/Dragons at Toyota and Tigers/Eagles at leichardt....should all draw well.

Hopefully My Mates has already bought tickets for the Bulldogs V Roosters game:D

t-ba

Post Whore
Wonder of scheduling that...Three reasonably good drawing Inter-Sydney Matches on the same day...

Can someone shoot the 'tards @ NRL central for handing away control of match times to our glorious overlords @ PBL and FOX?

Latest posts