What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

miccle

Bench
hitamn said:
in all honesty the bunnies r running last with a piss poor team who only there true die hard fans care about.
the one team who has really been disappointing with there crowds are the broncos 23000, is a good crowd in sydney but in a 1 city team where rugby league rules its pretty pathetic. whats wrong with there fans do the brisbane public really hate the broncos that much?

I think a lot of it had to do with the opposition that day. No offence to Raiders fans, but there aren't as many supporters of them here compared to other clubs. The few did stand out and make a lot of noise though! Add to that the fact that quite a few people didn't attend simply because they didn't think it would be a high-quality affair.

Ditto with the week before - drawing 27,000 odd against Penrith wasn't great, but add that to many people having long weekends and the lions and reds already playing in the two days prior, and it makes sense.

Look for great crowds against the likes of the Bulldogs et al. later this year. I'm still confident of a 30K average.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs game @ Brisbane consistently draws 40k+

Hoping for the same in a month.

miccle

Bench
It will almost definitely be a 40K+ crowd at that match, and it's disappointing that we will be fielding a weak team due to SOO.

Always get great crowds for Bulldogs and usually Parra games up here - there are heaps of supporters from both teams living up here, and quite a few that travel as well. The amount of support, in my opinion, has a lot to do with how successful both teams were in the NSWRL for the ten years before Brisbane entered the comp. A lot of people were fans of either Parra or the Dogs and have kept that up.

There are pretty much 20,000 Broncos fans at nearly all matches (would've only been 17-18K against the Raiders on the weekend) and seriously the crowds are very much 50/50 when we play the dogs.

Timmah

Staff member
8083? At Telstra?

I will bet the Bulldogs/Parra crowd next Sunday will at least double that. The Bulldogs Knights crowd three weeks after that will also do the same.

Souths are a disgrace when it comes to support.

chunk

Juniors
Considering the Bunnies haven't won a game this year I'd think they would be pretty happy with that crowd.

Parra only got an extra 2000, thats dissapointing.

Bumble

First Grade
Timmah said:
Souths are a disgrace when it comes to support.

Get farked, I would really like to see any other team lose 8 in a row, then play the form team in the comp who are almost certain to beat us, who don't bring any away support on a cold Saturday night and pull over 8000.

Dakink

Bench
Bumble said:
Get farked, I would really like to see any other team lose 8 in a row, then play the form team in the comp who are almost certain to beat us, who don't bring any away support on a cold Saturday night and pull over 8000.

Didnt the Knights last year lose a fair few in a row and still attracted great support - I agree Souths crowds are pathetic, where is the 500,000 that marched to get them back in - vanished now.

JW

Coach
Round 9:

16,808 @ Townsville
8,083 @ Telstra
10,146 @ Parramatta
21,252 @ Newcastle
16,121 @ Aussie
18,845 @ Toyota
20,231 @ Leichhardt

Total - 111,486
Avg - 15,926

Timmah

Staff member
Stats updated for Round 9, Home Averages still to be done.

JW

Coach
Early thoughts on Round 10?

Dragons vs Warriors - 9,000
Storm vs Cowboys - 8,000
Broncos vs Sea Eagles - 28,000
Bulldogs vs Eels - 20,000
Panthers vs Rabbitohs - 11,000
Tigers vs Knights - 17,000
Raiders vs Sharks - 11,000

Timmah