What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

RABK

Referee
Bumble said:
Get farked, I would really like to see any other team lose 8 in a row, then play the form team in the comp who are almost certain to beat us, who don't bring any away support on a cold Saturday night and pull over 8000.

Knights did, but double that 8,000. And add a few losses to that streak...

langpark

First Grade
Dragons v Warriors 15k
Storm v Cowboys 9k
Broncos v Manly 28k
Bulldogs v Eels 20k
Penrith v Souths 14k
Tigers v Knights 20k
Raiders v Sharks 10k

Bumble

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Knights did, but double that 8,000. And add a few losses to that streak...

For gods sake one team town, we've been through this before...

1. You are, as mentioned above, the only game in town.
2. People will go just to watch Andrew Johns

RABK

Referee
Souths have more supporters then us. Was this not discovered in a recent survey?

Excuses, you were asking for it....

mattyg

Bench
Dragons v Warriors - 13,000
Storm v Cowboys - 8,500
Broncos v Manly - 30,000
Bulldogs v Eels - 21,000
Penrith v Souths - 14,000
Tigers v Knights - 19,000
Raiders v Sharks - 10,000

ByRd

First Grade
dragons/warriors= 10000
Storm/Cowboys= 9000
Broncos/Eagles= 30000
Bulldogs/Eels= 20000
Panthers/Souths= 14000
Tigers/Knights= 18500
Raiders/Sharks= 12000

chunk

Juniors
I agree Bumble there wouldn't be to many Sydney Teams who would draw good crowds after eight loses.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only takes a quick peek at the first page, there are 2005 comparisons beneath every round darlin ;-)

Bumble

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Souths have more supporters then us. Was this not discovered in a recent survey?

Excuses, you were asking for it....

The same survey that says the Storm have 500,000 fans and the Swans have 4 million? :lol:

People in Sydney have better things to do than watch a team that's lost 8 straight on a cold night in a game their most likely gonna get beaten at, situated in the grand canyon.

The same can't be said for Newcastle..

JW

Coach
10,830 RBK.

Close :lol:

Although judging by how healthy some of their 8,000 crowds seemed to appear on the box, it probably would seem like 17K.

Still, good to see the Storm post an increase.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
From what i saw on the TV is was alot more than usual down at Olympic Park.

With the result going Melbournes way most of them will make appearance at there next home game which can only be good for the NRL.

RABK

Referee
JW said:
10,830 RBK.

Close :lol:

Although judging by how healthy some of their 8,000 crowds seemed to appear on the box, it probably would seem like 17K.

Still, good to see the Storm post an increase.

:lol:

Go those Waratah's ay...

ozzie

Bench
Poor wittle rabbits won't come out to play when it is cold - I got a solution. send them to the Central Coast where the weather is finer and their 4,000 fans can come out to play.

Didn't the free tickets work Bumbles

Bumble

First Grade
ozzie said:
Poor wittle rabbits won't come out to play when it is cold - I got a solution. send them to the Central Coast where the weather is finer and their 4,000 fans can come out to play.

Didn't the free tickets work Bumbles

Oh look, its the king of Bandwagoners...come out of the woodwork again.

4,000 fans? :lol::lol: You're kidding me mate. Tell me, which club has the most football club members? I'll give you a hint - It's the only team that's in the NRL that has always had Sydney in their name..

mattyg

Bench
Haha seriously...melbourne drew more than St George?? your kidding me aren't you...thats ridiculous

Kurt Angle

First Grade
What do you sya it's a surprise Melbourne drew more than St. George?

The "Huge Dragons Army" is the biggest myth in RL.

You always hear about "we're going to pack the rafters" then see another 13,000 crowd.

The size of Dragons crowds is always correlated to the position of the away team on the ladder. If the away team goes well, they bring the fans... the dragons are lucky to have 12,000 fans who go to games.