What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

JW

Coach
So for Round 10:

10,117 @ Wollongong
24,991 @ Suncorp
10,830 @ Olympic
13,159 @ Telstra
10,911 @ Penrith
9,695 @ Canberra
14,499 @ Campbelltown

Avg - 13,457

Round 10 last year - 13,794

mattyg

Bench
very ordinary crowds this weekend, expected more for every game this weekend bar the melbourne game. nobody seems to be turning up to these sunday day games

ibeme

First Grade
mattyg said:
very ordinary crowds this weekend, expected more for every game this weekend bar the melbourne game. nobody seems to be turning up to these sunday day games

It's not unusual for crowds to be down on Mothers Day. People are generally spending the day doing Mothers Day things like picnics and lunches etc

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Especially mothers day.

You tell an anglo-australian woman she has a choice between a day with her family, or a stadium full of lebanese... you then understand it's no surprise there was only 13,000 at Telstra.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Kurt Angle said:
Especially mothers day.

You tell an anglo-australian woman she has a choice between a day with her family, or a stadium full of lebanese... you then understand it's no surprise there was only 13,000 at Telstra.

:roll:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Ohh my bad, the reputation of lebanese in Sydney would not cause any concern for any female of anglo heritage, especially on a day that espouses virtues of femininity such as mothers day.

Yes, they missed the game instead, they deserved it because they are Australian.

ouwet

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
Especially mothers day.

:roll: Man are you for real? When people say Australia isn't a racist country, there f**king kidding themselves... It's people like you, who are a disgrace to this country!!!!
If you have been to a Canterbury game before (Which i doubt), you would know that the clear majority of the supporters are not Lebanese... We have SO Many Anglo-Saxon supporters, Greek, People with Asian heritage (HEAPS), Italians etc... I'm willing to say Parramatta have more Lebanese supporters then Cantebury does (Not that's anything wrong with that).

scottyeel

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
:roll: Man are you for real? When people say Australia isn't a racist country, there f**king kidding themselves... It's people like you, who are a disgrace to this country!!!!
If you have been to a Canterbury game before (Which i doubt), you would know that the clear majority of the supporters are not Lebanese... We have SO Many Anglo-Saxon supporters, Greek, People with Asian heritage (HEAPS), Italians etc... I'm willing to say Parramatta have more Lebanese supporters then Cantebury does (Not that's anything wrong with that).
Not that there is anything wrong with that but i'd bet anything that is not true.;-)

ouwet

Bench
scottyeel said:
Not that there is anything wrong with that but i'd bet anything that is not true.;-)

What do you want to bet? Did you know more Ausralian-Lebanese live in Parramatta then the Canterbury-Bankstown districts???

scottyeel

Bench
No, I didn't know that. I'm basing my assumption purely on the amount of Lebanese people i've seen wearing dogs jerseys compared to Parra jerseys. Also just because they live at Parramatta doesn't mean they support them.
I may be wrong but.

ouwet

Bench
scottyeel said:
No, I didn't know that. I'm basing my assumption purely on the amount of Lebanese people i've seen wearing dogs jerseys compared to Parra jerseys. Also just because they live at Parramatta doesn't mean they support them.
I may be wrong but.

No NRL team sells merchandise like the Bulldogs do... It could be mean there tight?:lol:

Kurt Angle

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:

Stop frothing at the mouth because your community has been inadequate at dealing with its trouble makers.

Australia is labelled as a non-racist country due to a comparitive.

Halfwits like to label "Australia" as the causual symptom of racism.

People in Australia are racist not because they are Australian, but because they are human. Where ever you go in the world you will find racism, however as far as Australia fares, we are probably the least racist people on the planet.

As oppoed to the plethora of violence committed by those within the Lebanese community, they target people on the premise or race.

Australia is a more racist place due to those of lebanese heritage being here.

If you have been to a Canterbury game before (Which i doubt),

Then you're making up superfluous facts in a vain attempt to obtain a high moral ground due to the fact you are an intellectual vacuum. I played my junior RL for the Moorebank Rams, played district gf's at Belmore and watched parra play the bulldogs more than any other team.

Now you've shown what fact, now STFU.

you would know that the clear majority of the supporters are not Lebanese... We have SO Many Anglo-Saxon supporters, Greek, People with Asian heritage (HEAPS), Italians etc... I'm willing to say Parramatta have more Lebanese supporters then Cantebury does (Not that's anything wrong with that).

Yes but a great deal of Parra lebanese fans are christian, as opposed to the Wahhab trash that can be found in the Bankstown district.

These are the lebanese that have put forward themselves as the "face" of the lebanese community, and as a result are the reason why people are reluctant to go to Bulldogs games. We even have the "1% of dickheads" thread illustrating how a mother will not allow her child to a game.

So instead of shooting the messager, take care of the message which is "lebanese are causing trouble in Sydney".

When you deal with that problem, get back to me.

ouwet

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
Stop frothing at the mouth because your community has been inadequate at dealing with its trouble makers.

Australia is labelled as a non-racist country due to a comparitive.

Halfwits like to label "Australia" as the causual symptom of racism.

People in Australia are racist not because they are Australian, but because they are human. Where ever you go in the world you will find racism, however as far as Australia fares, we are probably the least racist people on the planet.

As oppoed to the plethora of violence committed by those within the Lebanese community, they target people on the premise or race.

Australia is a more racist place due to those of lebanese heritage being here.

Then you're making up superfluous facts in a vain attempt to obtain a high moral ground due to the fact you are an intellectual vacuum. I played my junior RL for the Moorebank Rams, played district gf's at Belmore and watched parra play the bulldogs more than any other team.

Now you've shown what fact, now STFU.

Yes but a great deal of Parra lebanese fans are christian, as opposed to the Wahhab trash that can be found in the Bankstown district.

These are the lebanese that have put forward themselves as the "face" of the lebanese community, and as a result are the reason why people are reluctant to go to Bulldogs games. We even have the "1% of dickheads" thread illustrating how a mother will not allow her child to a game.

So instead of shooting the messager, take care of the message which is "lebanese are causing trouble in Sydney".

When you deal with that problem, get back to me.

One I'm Christian... I have been known (pre Sep 11 2001) at telling people Australia better watch the Muslim influx in the country or one day they will pay... I have been called racist and I probably was!!! I saw Lebanon go from the Paris of the Middle East and a VERY Prosperous country (When Christians had power) to the centre of terrorism (Now Muslim's have power)...
But no one listened, no one cared, no one could see they wouldn't assimilate in to main stream Australia (Something the Christians have no problem at doing)... And now everyone wants to bag out 'Lebanese people', even if most people now it's not all Lebanese people and only a certain 'sect'!!! But that's everyone's fault for having Labor in power (GREAT Immigration policy)... SO now I couldn't careless. It might be Canterbury’s problem now but it will be everyone's soon... The thug's won't stay in these areas for ever and will spread... Kick the Dog's out and I will guarantee you the neighbouring teams will get the problem... SOLTUION the government to correct there wrong!!! Put these thugs in Prison... I have seen so many 15 year old hard arses get let off with a slap on the wrist for things that would suggest in 5 years time; these kids will be criminals...
My community hasn't got the problem... You go to a Lebanese Church and see people coming out peaceful and happy, you go to a mosque and see people coming out full of rage... I'm an Australia-Lebanese Christian. I actually supportered the protests in Cronulla and was thinking about going out there but realised some red-necks would ruin it (THE SAME MINORITY that ruin Bulldog Games)
Maybe you should look at your pathetic club crowds before Bulldog crowds mate.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:
But no one listened, no one cared, no one could see they wouldn't assimilate in to main stream Australia (Something the Christians have no problem at doing)... And now everyone wants to bag out 'Lebanese people',

People bag out "Australians" for the acts of 150 drunk yobbos at Cronulla. People get unfairly labelled, it's not fair, but life isn't fair.

even if most people now it's not all Lebanese people and only a certain 'sect'!!! But that's everyone's fault for having Labor in power (GREAT Immigration policy)... SO now I couldn't careless.

You should start caring if it bothers you this much.

It might be Canterbury’s problem now but it will be everyone's soon... The thug's won't stay in these areas for ever and will spread...

History shows issues that affect a society work in a pendulum, and it is also why you should start caring.

Measures will eventually take place where payback will be a bitch. Unfortunately it won't only be those who are guilty who suffer. I've often felt a heartfelt anguish at what you must be experiencing as someone who is of lebanese heritage but you got to stop frothing at the mouth at any accusation of "lebanese this" or "lebanese that".

It is a real problem.

Kick the Dog's out and I will guarantee you the neighbouring teams will get the problem... SOLTUION the government to correct there wrong!!!

I've never equated kicking the dogs out as solving the problem.

Put these thugs in Prison... I have seen so many 15 year old hard arses get let off with a slap on the wrist for things that would suggest in 5 years time; these kids will be criminals...

Then document them and after a collection, hand them to a whole load of media outlets. Someone will pick it up and changes will occur.

My community hasn't got the problem... You go to a Lebanese Church and see people coming out peaceful and happy, you go to a mosque and see people coming out full of rage... I'm an Australia-Lebanese Christian.

You can segment along an infinite number of criteria. If I were you I would be counting it as part of my community" as long as you suffer ramifications from it.

You can either contribute to a solution, or help differentiate your community completely where you no longer suffer ramifications.

I actually supportered the protests in Cronulla and was thinking about going out there but realised some red-necks would ruin it (THE SAME MINORITY that ruin Bulldog Games)

You mean "Australia's day of shame".... that includes me even though I live 3000km away, yet I don't froth at the mouth like you do.

Maybe you should look at your pathetic club crowds before Bulldog crowds mate.

It's not about crowds, my post was not concerned... the Bulldogs can play at empty stadiums for the next ten years as far as I'm concerned.

I was commenting I why are people dismayed at people not showing up to Bulldogs games when there is an obvious reason why.

Frailty

First Grade
This argument is gettin old and stale. It is not simply a matter of religion or race. The thing I have a problem with is those who live in AUstralia and are citizens of Australia that bag out the place. Before I say the following I want to state that I know many lebanese people of both Christian and Muslim religions and in no way do I endorse the attitude that all Lebanese are like the following people. I have lived in an area that has a high number of lebanese, and the ones that annoy me are those who talk about how great lebanon is and how sh*t Australia is. Ask those people why don't they live in lebanon, and a common response is "Because my dad would be shot". I personally find it offensive when people who live here bag the sh*t out of this country.

Again I want to enforce that it is not simply a religion clash because that is geniused in so many ways I don't want to get started. Especially when you consider the numerous similarities between christianity, judaism, islam, and sikhism.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
All stats updated to R10, including Home Crowd Averages for the last two weeks added on. Melbourne no longer last...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
Especially mothers day.

I find that an unbeliievably racist generalisation, look at the Bulldogs fan demographic, there are more anglos there than Lebanese ppl, if this forum wouldnt ban me for doing so this post would be full of expleteives.

Latest posts