What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Today? Guesses?

Telstra 18k
Cambo 20k
CUASP 15k
Brucey 11k

LESStar58

Referee
JW said:
10,830 RBK.

Close :lol:

Although judging by how healthy some of their 8,000 crowds seemed to appear on the box, it probably would seem like 17K.

Still, good to see the Storm post an increase.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sharkie™

Juniors
i saw the crowd for the melbourne game on TV, it did look bigger then usual and watching greg inglis crave the crowds should go up.

Hoggy

Bench
What is even better was that there were not many Cowboys fans at all.

Unlike the Dragons match where there were hundreds of Saints fans.

More Melbourne people getting on board. :)

LESStar58

Referee
Wqtching the highlight on sportsworld it looked like the Western (Lazarus) stand was a lot fller than it usually is! Still, the cameras face the Eastern stand so we need more people in there!

ozzie

Bench
Bumble said:
Oh look, its the king of Bandwagoners...come out of the woodwork again.

4,000 fans? :lol::lol: You're kidding me mate. Tell me, which club has the most football club members? I'll give you a hint - It's the only team that's in the NRL that has always had Sydney in their name..
King of the Bandwagoners shame that I have been following them for 40 years - now 4,000 fans managed to drag themselves to the Canterbury game and you tell me there was more - why did the "No Pride forum" state there wasn't many more and they were all disgusted?

- non attending fans don't put money in your pocket. ince your fans are EVERYWHERE tell me why the sports store in a certain country town returned all Souths gear because they couldn't make a sale on the sh*t even on special. I should know because I'm partners in the store.

Cry me a river - I'll believe you when you have a lot of fans when they turn up. We are talking about FANS not club members - most of them are probably members because they have been for years - just write their cheque out and send it in but not attend games...your club couldn't draw a picture let alone a crowd

Bumble

First Grade
ozzie said:
King of the Bandwagoners shame that I have been following them for 40 years - now 4,000 fans managed to drag themselves to the Canterbury game and you tell me there was more - why did the "No Pride forum" state there wasn't many more and they were all disgusted?

- non attending fans don't put money in your pocket. ince your fans are EVERYWHERE tell me why the sports store in a certain country town returned all Souths gear because they couldn't make a sale on the sh*t even on special. I should know because I'm partners in the store.

Cry me a river - I'll believe you when you have a lot of fans when they turn up. We are talking about FANS not club members - most of them are probably members because they have been for years - just write their cheque out and send it in but not attend games...your club couldn't draw a picture let alone a crowd

I'm sorry, pre-1995 (i.e BEFORE YOU GOT GOOD) what were your crowds? Way worse than what the team that hasn't won a game is averaging.

ozzie

Bench
Bumble said:
I'm sorry, pre-1995 (i.e BEFORE YOU GOT GOOD) what were your crowds? Way worse than what the team that hasn't won a game is averaging.

please answer my questions first - we have been good three times since you clowns last tasted a g/f win. and one of your past premierships was a stolen one.

Bumble

First Grade
ozzie said:
please answer my questions first - we have been good three times since you clowns last tasted a g/f win. and one of your past premierships was a stolen one.

Meh, Balmain got us back for that in '69, so I'm not fussed.

Umm because noone in that town goes for Souths? And there were only between 4000-6000 fans from Souths at the Bulldogs game, but if you think every fan goes to every game, you're kidding. Also, If we only have 4000 fans how did we draw 8000 against Melbourne because I highly doubt they brough 4000 fans.

JW

Coach
We had fairly 'ordinary' crowds on Mothers Day last year too from memory. But not this ordinary.

The Canberra vs Sharks game, which was also played in Round 10 last year at Bruce, is down by 4,000+.