What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 // Crowd Watch

ali

Bench
They need a clear out of the whole marketing staff. Surely they can hire people who now how to get bums on seats. What worries me is that the NRL leaves a lot of promotion up to Channel 9 and Foxtel, and these 2 are just interested in getting viewers.

The problem is, big crowds create big interest. If a stadium looks empty, people will switch off because they don't think it's a big event. If we want the game to get bigger, we need crowds.

wittyfan

Referee
I blame the cold weather for the poor attendances. Plus standards on field have been in decline for a while.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tend to agree witty. It is getting colder as winter comes around and crowds suffer a bit. Attendances will increase as it comes to finals time!

Surandy

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Tend to agree witty. It is getting colder as winter comes around and crowds suffer a bit. Attendances will increase as it comes to finals time!

It gets cold every winter! Or is this another one of those "isolated incidents" you keep crapping on about?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Surandy said:
It gets cold every winter! Or is this another one of those "isolated incidents" you keep crapping on about?

Its colder this year than the year before. It does affect crowd figures.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cold is no excuse. RL is a f**king winter sport. You get out and support the game, your club, no matter what. I battled laryngitis to go to OKI and Telstra this week FFS. I don't expect medals for it, I just go to watch footy because I know it's what our sport needs and I love every minute.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Cold is no excuse. RL is a f**king winter sport. You get out and support the game, your club, no matter what. I battled laryngitis to go to OKI and Telstra this week FFS. I don't expect medals for it, I just go to watch footy because I know it's what our sport needs and I love every minute.

I go to each Brisbane game. I missed 1 game due to my brother's 18th birthday. Other than that I have not missed a game. But in deciding to go to other games I do consider the weather. Its the reality.

Brutus

Referee
Crowds are sh*t which ever way you look at it. The weather hasn't been too bad up until this weekend. The lack of promotion of our game is frightening, there seems no desire at all to rope in new fans. It's pathetic.

pcpp

Juniors
*Paul* said:
6,537 - Stadium Oz

LOL..

Who said the Storm don't draw any away fans!

It's the Broncos!

Kick the Broncos out of the competition I say!

(sarcasm if you haven't realised.. keep the Storm)

t-ba

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
You'll have to dig as far back as the Super League years to find such pitiful crowds.

2002 actually. That whole Neagles Debacle and all...